Broken Motor Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello jp6363,

I can definitely understand that you are frustrated with your current vehicle situation. I understand that a Cadillac dealership is involved. I cannot guarantee anything but I would like to look into your concern. Has the repair been performed on your Escalade? Please contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Kind regards,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

jp6363

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Follow up

Hello jp6363,

I can definitely understand that you are frustrated with your current vehicle situation. I understand that a Cadillac dealership is involved. I cannot guarantee anything but I would like to look into your concern. Has the repair been performed on your Escalade? Please contact me if I can be of any assistance.

Kind regards,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

Thank you Jennifer T., the dealership is not currently involved, only when I took it in a while back and they said nothing is wrong with it back while it was still under warranty. I called the dealer just to see what the cost is to repair it, since it obviously needs motor mounts now since the engine is moving about 6" to the right under acceleration in drive with the brake on. So if you can assist me with this that would be most appreciated, I figured i was on my own now that the warranty ran out 9k ago even though I told them it was broke back then. I would have dealt with it before but I travel a lot in my vehicle for business and I can't do without it unless there is a loaner involved and the small towns I have been working in don't offer that.

Thank you again!

Jeff Phillips

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
To the guys that have been in contact with Jennifer T. from GM, has she been able to offer any cost assistance for the repair? I also have a driver side mount that needs replaced, and although I'm more than capable of performing the repair myself, I'd prefer not to have to worry with it if the price is right, due to time constraints with work and the family. Thanks ahead of time to anyone that posts.

livingez_123

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has been an issue with GM mounts as long as I can remember, My familt bought a brand new 69 GMC pickup. it was recalled for faulty driver side motor mounts. they put a cable from the frame to engine to keep it in place if it were to break. At that time, GM didn't have the interlocking mount they do today. so if the rubber does dry out and break, the engine isn't going anywhere. I know you would think in over the last 45 years GM would find a better rubber to use in the mounts. But remember, GM has to keep the customer happy with a soft smooth ride. If they were to use a harder mount material, you would have more engine related noise and vibration through out the cab. Environmental climates and road salt don't help either. In the end I'm glad GM is helping a bit, but really, it's a wear item and they wear out.

Clean07Burb

Full Access Member
Reaction score
This has been an issue with GM mounts as long as I can remember, My familt bought a brand new 69 GMC pickup. it was recalled for faulty driver side motor mounts. they put a cable from the frame to engine to keep it in place if it were to break. At that time, GM didn't have the interlocking mount they do today. so if the rubber does dry out and break, the engine isn't going anywhere. I know you would think in over the last 45 years GM would find a better rubber to use in the mounts. But remember, GM has to keep the customer happy with a soft smooth ride. If they were to use a harder mount material, you would have more engine related noise and vibration through out the cab. Environmental climates and road salt don't help either. In the end I'm glad GM is helping a bit, but really, it's a wear item and they wear out.

I wonder about the "interlocking mount" you speak of. If it does interlock, its not under a very tight tolerance. When I tested my mounts with truck in drive, foot on brake, and hit the accelerator, the left side of my motor came off the frame by five inches. And thats no exaggeration. I couldn't believe it when I saw it. I need to get mine fixed as soon as possible. God only knows how long the mount has been bad and I know it probably won't effect anything else along the drive line if not repaired immediately, but since I saw what the motors doing under load thats all I think about whenever I'm out driving. It bugs the shit outta me. Lol. And GM putting a cable on the motor is hilarious. That's what drag racers of the day used to do to limit engine movement before solid mounts were a common item. They added torque chains. Lmao

Last edited:

gkayanan

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
TXMaverick,

Hello Steve! I cannot guarantee anything but I would be happy to look into this concern for you. Could you private message me your contact information, VIN, current mileage, and preferred dealership if I can be of any assistance.

Regards,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

Hi Jennifer, I tried to PM you about the same issue I'm have with my motor mount, but the forum indicated that I need to have 10 post before I can PM someone. Anyway, who can I contact about the quote I'm getting of $491.39 for my left motor mount.

Thanks,
Gar K

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi Jennifer, I tried to PM you about the same issue I'm have with my motor mount, but the forum indicated that I need to have 10 post before I can PM someone. Anyway, who can I contact about the quote I'm getting of $491.39 for my left motor mount.

Thanks,
Gar K

Hello Gar,

I'm sorry you experienced some trouble when trying to send a PM. You are welcome to send an email [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you.

Andraya
GM Customer Care