Broken Motor Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

taxman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
osidesurfer365,

That makes me very happy to hear that you are pleased with the end result regarding broken motor mount. I am glad I could assist.

Sincerely,

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

Jennifer,

I have the exact same issues as osidesurfer365. I just found out my motor mount is broken and the dealership said it would be $530 plus tax. I also have the notorious cracked dashboard in my Tahoe. What can you do to help me with these issues?

Thanks

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
taxman,

Hello! I am sorry to hear that you are experiencing an issue with your vehicle. I cannot guarantee any cost assistance but I would be happy to look into this concern for you. Please private message me including your contact information, VIN, current mileage, and preferred dealership?

Jennifer T.
GM Customer Care

justa5o

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
motor mount

Can anyone suggest where to get an after market mount for drivers side. I saw someone mention Anchor motor mount. Part number?

Alobar

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Add me to the club of broken motor mounts. 2007 Yukon XL Denali 138,000. Never been off-road. Driven by a soccer mom dropping off kids and beach trips. Shop quoted 9.75 hours labor. Un freaking believeable. Jennifer T, you out there?

Goodinblack

I Like Tacos
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dang guys. This suxks

---------- Post added at 04:13 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:00 PM ----------

Thanks Jennifer, I went ahead and just did it myself. Thank you though, it is appreciated.

For those of you with 2WD versions it's not real easy but it's doable by any basic backyard mechanic and you don't have to remove the inner fender well. The hardest part by far was the motor mount to frame bolts. GM used Loctite Red on those bolts so will will need a lot of leverage (and a universal joint adapter) to get those 3 out. The 4 engine-side bolts are easy. When you are lowering the engine down after mounting the new mount to the block you'll need to be underneath and, using a tool (NOT your fingers), help the locator pin get into position as you lower the engine back down. One other thing, if your vehicle uses an Anchor 3211 be sure and use the original locknuts off the old mount to attach the frame mount, not the crappy standard nuts Anchor choose for some stupid reason.

You have to undo the right side Mount bolt as well right?

---------- Post added at 04:17 PM ---------- Previous post was at 04:13 PM ----------

I mean the cross through bolt

gu7u5ynu.jpg

GM Customer Service

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Add me to the club of broken motor mounts. 2007 Yukon XL Denali 138,000. Never been off-road. Driven by a soccer mom dropping off kids and beach trips. Shop quoted 9.75 hours labor. Un freaking believeable. Jennifer T, you out there?

Hey there Alobar,

I can definitely understand your frustrations. Please feel free to send us a private message referencing your concern and we will be glad to help. We look forward to hearing from you soon!

Kristen A. (Assisting Jennifer)
GM Customer Care

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What's the symptom of a broken mount? I'm getting a "clunk" that feels like it's somewhere low and near the firewall when applying the brakes sometimes. Don't know if it could be a broken mount or the ol' slip yolk clunk.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What's the symptom of a broken mount? I'm getting a "clunk" that feels like it's somewhere low and near the firewall when applying the brakes sometimes. Don't know if it could be a broken mount or the ol' slip yolk clunk.

that... but just to be sure, open your hood, have someone look at your motor, put it in drive and with you foot ******* THE BRAKE, hit the gas pedal with your other foot. your motor will move a good inch or two or 3

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that... but just to be sure, open your hood, have someone look at your motor, put it in drive and with you foot ******* THE BRAKE, hit the gas pedal with your other foot. your motor will move a good inch or two or 3

Got it. Other than that test, since I have a lube/oil change coming up soon, will my mechanic be able to tell, visually, that a mount is broken, or is it tough to visually diagnose?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rgeurts