Broken Motor Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mitch Neal

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Has anyone tried the PPV motor mounts? They are not supposed to be hydraulic. I am just wondering how much vibration they transmit. I am replacing my motor mount for the second time in 35k miles, although I tow a RV.

mwtea

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I was just informed by a dealer that I have a broken motor mount on my 07 Tahoe as well. The symptom he described is something I have noticed for a while, but did not realize what it was.

Any luck having GM help out on the cost for this?

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I was just informed by a dealer that I have a broken motor mount on my 07 Tahoe as well. The symptom he described is something I have noticed for a while, but did not realize what it was.

Any luck having GM help out on the cost for this?

Could you describe what you were feeling as well as the symptoms he told you about?

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I could tell when my drivers side is bad when I turn full lock right I get a loud pop sound.

milkee2936

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello group, 1st post. I have a lil experience on gm products and a lil knowledge of this repair. The best way to test is the power brake method and a motor mount is a motor mount. I hope that most of the group realizes that a 5.3 puts out a lot more torque than a 5.7 from 10 yrs ago. To engineer a better mount cost a substantial amount of more money. Whose gonna pay for that? I've worked on 5.3's with 400k on them. For the price where can you get such a dependable motor that can do what this motor does? I own an 07 ltz with 130k. My build will be posted in the coming weeks. Labor is high, but be reasonable a 60 mount is a 60 dollar mount. Ask what a 5.7 tundra mount cost? The cost of ownership of my ** has been nominal, compared to my 06 gs lex and 02 745i(just sold). Only issue that I'm currently having is the p.c.v. valve cover t.s.b. that my g.m. dealer wont honor. I have an a.f.m. engine and am burning an excessive amount of oil. My dealer wont work with me on new pistons... After several complaints. I suggest for those of you with under 100k to press the dealer for this fix. I complained at 105k and my dealer just shut the door in my face. For those of us that are gear heads, lets think back to all the nisal block engines. Our motors were just as good as the Asians but our customer service was horrible. I feel like G.M. is making a lot of us relive that era... :(

glenn5437

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Defective motor mounts 07 Denali

Hello Gar,

I'm sorry you experienced some trouble when trying to send a PM. You are welcome to send an email [email protected]. We look forward to hearing from you.

Andraya
GM Customer Care

Have we had any help/solutions to this issue? this will be the second motor mount we have replace in three years.I have been a long time loyal Gm owner, I even have two camaro race cars, Last week we went thru the brutal Throttle body experience/Idle relearn nearly got hurt from runaway idle. THis week its the broken drivers side motor mount!! Help

Qman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi all, new to the forums here.

I have the dreaded motor mount problem on my 07 Yukon Denali. Did some research and seems to be a common problem, however my local dealer claims they have not seen that problem. Oh well, asked for the price and as you can guess it was expensive and the mounts alone were about 140 each. I did ask the parts department if the current motor mounts are the original one or are they upgraded. The response was that it did not look like they changed because the part number is the same since 2006 and there has been no changes. In a nut shell it appears that the same deficient part is still being used by the dealers.

I have decided to do the repair my self and I am now looking for a suitable replacement. I've read some bad reviews of several brands like DEA, Duralast, and others. I don't want to have to the job twice because I used inferior parts and I'm also hesitant in using the original GM parts if they are the same. Does anyone know who makes a reliable replacement?

I'm really disappointed right now with GM because of this. I am the original owner of this vehicle and know very well how it was treated. This should not have happened at this stage. Funny thing is I have an 86 Corvette and I recently replaced the engine and guess what, I used the original motor mounts because they were just fine. Makes you wonder.

Thanks in advance

Last edited:

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I tried a mount from Anchor and it failed in two months.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

glenn5437

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
! I race / Drag race I have been working on automobiles all my life, and motor mounts very seldom if ever fail, usually they will deteriorate over time/the rubber insulator will dry out. On that note I am talking about 20 + years not 3-5 !!
Clearly a Design fault!! But once again in a effort to save money GM is using the consumer for quality control. x amount of failures and they will change the design. What pisses me off the most is that they should honor the mistake and if nothing else REPLACE the parts at cost!! I would gladly pay for that, But to still profit from a mistake is Horrible

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645