Broken Motor Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Les W

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I know exactly how it is going to go....I'm going to pay my mechanic $425 to replace it. I went to my local GMC dealership today to get a price comparison and he was very honest with me and said he would charge $500.

On a different note I casually asked him if they are helping customers with cracked dash boards and he said they are splitting the insurance cost with the customer and it will cost me $500 to fix.
Interesting I have a 08 Denali 84k the dash is cracking. I have a recall on air bags which seem to be not available that I think you need to remove dash? I would spend the $500 but I don’t understand the insurance cost. Who covers that ?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Interesting I have a 08 Denali 84k the dash is cracking. I have a recall on air bags which seem to be not available that I think you need to remove dash? I would spend the $500 but I don’t understand the insurance cost. Who covers that ?
You don’t need to remove the dash to replace the airbag but you do need to remove the airbag to replace the dash.

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yall are some sensitive flowers. I'd rather not have the cracks, but I would rather spend $$ elsewhere. Plus the cover cuts down on glare. That's what I tell myself.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yall are some sensitive flowers. I'd rather not have the cracks, but I would rather spend $$ elsewhere. Plus the cover cuts down on glare. That's what I tell myself.
Yeah it’s ridiculous what they charge for the new dash parts especially considering it’s a design or part flaw. They should be selling at cost. I don’t blame you at all.

Meccanoble

Full Access Member
Reaction score

You covered the cracks but what will cover that ugly dash? :) J/K but everyone has different tastes and some may not like those aftermarket dashes.

Sounds a bit hypocritical that you rather spend $$ elsewhere yet you spent money to 'improve' that look. I rather be perfectly flawed in that area and spend the money completely elsewhere :), as long as the cracks wont be a safety issue which they dont seem to be. Truthfully i'm too broke to spend money on this truck unless its preventative or makes a big improvement.

Mrsteef

Reaction score
Dropping my truck off Monday morning to my buddy who has a shop to replace both engine mounts with H3 ones and getting a new trans mount as well. We’ll see how it goes. As is I know the drivers side mount is really bad. Hoping it gets rid of the vibration at idle and in drive

Last edited:

tgui

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Dropping my truck off Monday morning to my buddy who has a shop to replace both engine mounts with H3 ones and getting a new trans mount as well. We’ll see how it goes. As is I know the drivers side mount is really bad. Hoping it gets rid of the vibration at idle and in drive

Nice!!! I bet your passenger mount is crushed.

I love/hate gm.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Butterfly7