Broken Motor Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

alpha_omega

Full Access Member
Reaction score
For my 09 Yukon I used a non fluid filled mount GM part #25847739. It was a pain to replace but I wont have to worry about it failing again. I believe this for the H3 Hummer.
Do you have AWD or RWD? Which lifting method did you use? Also did you pull the wheel well splash guards and starter motor? Not that it still isn’t a pain in the @$$ to replace (esp that passenger side), but each method has its perks and the different drive styles play a role as well.

Edit: I meant to write AWD or 2WD, not RWD. Damn auto correct.

Last edited:

dkmoneypit

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Do you have AWD or RWD? Which lifting method did you use? Also did you pull the wheel well splash guards and starter motor? Not that it still isn’t a pain in the @$$ to replace (esp that passenger side), but each method has its perks and the different drive styles play a role as well.
I have the RWD. I only did the drivers side. I watched a you tube video. Carefully jacked up on the motor. Mine original oil filled went out at around 125k miles. You really shouldnt need to do the passenger side as the drivers side is the side that handles all the motors torque pulling up against the frame. Passenger side the torque pushes down against the frame. Back in the day most of use that used to race our cars around would use either a chain or a solid mount on the drivers side only.

OR VietVet

Multnomah Falls
Supporting Member
Military
Reaction score
You have a pair of motor mounts. You should do both when replacing. You have a pair of brake calipers. If one locks, you should still replace both calipers.

You can get away with replacing one front seat if one goes bad because it is not something that is designed to work in pairs.

Maybe I am over thinking it but that is the way I have worked on vehicles over the years.

When I am working on customer vehicles and I am doing a timing belt, I insist on doing the water pump if is timing belt driven, leaking or not. I highly suggest the cam and crank seals too but do not draw the line in the sand on those because I don't touch those during a timing belt replacement but do touch the water pump and we all know that if I touched it, I own it, in the customer's eyes.

Last edited:

CMoore711

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm 90% the drivers side motor mount has failed on my '13 ESV. Was starting to see some fluid leak onto my driveway which looked to be coming from the front diff potential power steering pump area. This coincidently occurred after doing some fluid maintenance on front diff, transfer case, and transmission fluid. Checked fluid levels on all items and the levels were exactly where they should be and what I filled to. Head scratcher, WTF is this reddish oily like fluid in my drive way?!?

Over the course of the next few weeks I start to develop a slight "clunking" from the front end commonly happening when accelerating after a complete stop. Add the occasional random vibration while idling though inconsistent I feel it at times and I've landed on the drivers side motor mount failing at minimum.

These Hummer H3 OEM Motor mounts GM 25847739 have gone up significantly in price compared to what some of you found them for a year ago. Best price is $258/ea. from rockauto. So if doing the job and replacing the pair you're in for $516 plus a little shipping.

These atomic fab mounts look like very nice solid pieces and are a good bit cheaper now (as a pair) compared to a pair of the Hummer H3 mounts:

My concern would be additional NVH.
Anyone have experience with the Hummer H3 GM OEM motor mounts vs. original stock ones?
Anyont have experience with the Atomic Fab motor mounts vs. the original stock ones?

dkad260

Full Access Member
Reaction score
FWIW, I hear the Hummer mounts are robust, but some mention they just don't absorb as much vibration as the OE, but only slight differences.

Mine lasted almost 10 years, so I felt that added smoothness was worth it even though I can't compare them, just word of mouth.

So for less $$, I went OE..about $110- 120 shipped from Rock Auto.

When stopped at a light, you can hardly tell the engine is running.

Just my $.02, YMMV.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n