Broken Motor Mounts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Mrae11

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes

Not being a jerk but yes. At one point or another, I think there has been a complaint about all of these. Chief of which are motor mounts and cracks in the dash.
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes
Yes

Not being a jerk but yes. At one point or another, I think there has been a complaint about all of these. Chief of which are motor mounts and cracks in the dash.

I just can’t believe that at almost 70,000 miles all these problems are happening. My last Yukon went over 100,000 without these problems

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I keep coming back here to see if someone has discovered a better motor mount, but continue to be disappointed. While I did find someone on one of the Truck forums fab up some solid mounts, I think that's a bit much on an otherwise stock vehicle.

So I guess I'll have to replace what we have with a factory replacement. I'm wondering if an engine torque damper would help the mounts live? Anyone try one? I'm looking at the Ingall's '04 GTO damper kit. Of course, one would have to modify the mounts, but the damper is the important part.

Thoughts?
There's a guy on pt.net selling solid mounts and he says you can't really tell they're solid, there's very little vibration. They're guaranteed to never break.

08grey

Full Access Member
Reaction score
There's a guy on pt.net selling solid mounts and he says you can't really tell they're solid, there's very little vibration. They're guaranteed to never break.
More info please.

Sent from my SM-G950U using Tapatalk

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
After looking on Autozone, I think the lower mounting flange would be the same, just the engine mount frame would be different for the NNBS 5.3L. Just wonder how much the solid mounts would have to be modified?

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
After looking on Autozone, I think the lower mounting flange would be the same, just the engine mount frame would be different for the NNBS 5.3L. Just wonder how much the solid mounts would have to be modified?
In that thread on pt.net, post #123 on page 13, there's a guy who said he had a machine shop working on some and he was going to get them going. I would join that site if you're not a member so you can send him a PM. They shut his postings down in that thread since it was for selling the op's product.

CrashTestDummy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Heh, I see that. As the last poster mentioned, lots of orders, and only one, or two responses on how they worked. Kind of light in the response department. Odd they show NNBS Yukon XLs with 6.0L engines to fit, but none of the other NNBS trucks/engine combinations. The 6.0L Yukon does show a different motor mount, too, from the 6.2/5.3. Really, really odd.

So I guess I'll just replace what we have with OEM, and then work on some of torque limiter. Now, if I can just determine which of the two mount options we have.....

techbiker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone tried supporting their 5.3L motor by the oil pan with a transmission jack and a piece of plywood in order to change their mounts? I don't mind changing the OEM mounts out every ~50k as long as the motor can be supported by the oil pan. I don't have room to store a cherry picker.

Thanks

Kenny D

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Most of us here have used a jack of some sort. I used a bottle jack with a piece of wood on my oil pan. I just was very careful and placed the wood towards the rear of the pan instead of the middle where there is no support.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
chiefable