Broken entertainment screen - alternative replacement?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Jcgodfrey

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hello folks. We have a 2021 z71 Tahoe with the rear entertainment package (which we hate).

Anyhow, my 1 year old kicked the screen and cracked it.

Is there a cheaper alternative than going through Chevrolet? Could just the screen be replaced or is it only the super expensive full television replacement? I searched on here and did not find any answers.

Thank you!

Fast_AT4

RWM +1
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just imo, if you hate it...see the link in my signature for the Nintendo Switch mount I used. I would suggest one similar for a tablet vs replacing the OEM.

DenaliCountry

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hello folks. We have a 2021 z71 Tahoe with the rear entertainment package (which we hate).

Is there a cheaper alternative than going through Chevrolet? Could just the screen be replaced or is it only the super expensive full television replacement? I searched on here and did not find any answers.

Thank you!
This is EXACTLY why I am glad I did not get the RSE... its just a giant target for my 5 year old to destroy and then I wouldn't have a 5 year old anymore. Sorry for your loss lol.

22_AT4_XL

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Thank you!
If you're interested in removing or replacing the screen. This video shows a tutorial and linked in the description is a replacement cover you can put there instead of the screen:

usnagrad1988

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you're interested in removing or replacing the screen. This video shows a tutorial and linked in the description is a replacement cover you can put there instead of the screen:
So, where can you get the replacement screen to install? I can't find it on Amazon or a google search?

usnagrad1988

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

Thank you!
Did you ever get an answer on where to buy a replacement?

UsualSuspect

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Did you ever get an answer on where to buy a replacement?
I had my mechanic look back through his notes, one of our Sales guys broke one. He said the part number is 85100044 for the Yukon, probably the same for Chevy's.

mtrentw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If anyone still needs one, I have 85100044 Driver Side screen for 2021-2023 Tahoe Yukon Escalade.

Note driver passenger differ. They’re master/slave. Passenger has 2 wire connectors. Passenger is 85100042. IMG_1965.jpegIMG_1964.jpegIMG_1963.jpegIMG_1962.jpeg

I’ll give it cheap.

As a side note the blank plates look ok too if you don’t want screens.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne