bought a new 2022 Yukon SLT and the interior lights are weird. is it me? or broken?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

illmaticnyc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hi all and glad to be part of this new forum. i love my new truck. ive driven mostly japanese SUVs (lexus gx 460) and my family has now grown. had to go with the Yukon XL 5.3. the car has its quirks but nothing beats the size and comfort.

question on interior lights if you can help me. i hit the center switch up top and the orange light comes in to keep them off. my kids sleep and since we do a lot of road travelling, upon arrival to home i like to keep them off as to not wake them up. they still come on! even if the switch has the orange light. i cant figure out the functionality of this interior light and what it is supposed to do. i noticed sometimes it stays off when i open the door to start the car and sometimes it stays on when i open the door. not sure if it makes a difference if i use the remote to unlock or if i hit the door handle switch to unlock

can someone guide me on the "rules" of this interior light on and off button?

OP
OP
I

illmaticnyc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
thats the problem. the override is ON but the domelights still turn on.

dernals

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have the same issue and the manual is no help. There is no explanation as to why the lights sometimes stay off when using the overhead override switch and other times they turn on even with override enabled. No rhyme or reason as far as I can tell.

The manual might be good for certain things but there is a lot of stuff that doesn't make sense in there. I've been trying to figure out the valet lockout feature since I took delivery. It's a very useful feature (especially with the sliding center console and storage drawer) that was always so easy to access and setup from the touch screen. I can't find it anywhere in the settings on my '22 and the manual is no help at all. Anywhere valet is mentioned it indicates "go to page xx" and then when you go there it just says what valet does but not where to find the setting. I'm starting to think it doesn't exist on these model years.

OP
OP
I

illmaticnyc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
i wonder if its even a valid function. maybe its just buggy or broken? wonder if anyone else is having this issue

310H22A

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Having the same issue with the dome lamp override on my 2022 Tahoe. Dealer has no idea either and thinks I'm being "picky'

DougAMiller

Full Access Member
Reaction score
On my 2021 Escalade it works just as you thought that it should, when the orange indicator light is on the interior lights do not come on. It sounds like a software bug on the 2022's to me.

OP
OP
I

illmaticnyc

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
dealer told me the same thing. said its not that big of a deal. when i spend 90k on a car i expect it to work!!

Omahayukon

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
hi all and glad to be part of this new forum. i love my new truck. ive driven mostly japanese SUVs (lexus gx 460) and my family has now grown. had to go with the Yukon XL 5.3. the car has its quirks but nothing beats the size and comfort.

question on interior lights if you can help me. i hit the center switch up top and the orange light comes in to keep them off. my kids sleep and since we do a lot of road travelling, upon arrival to home i like to keep them off as to not wake them up. they still come on! even if the switch has the orange light. i cant figure out the functionality of this interior light and what it is supposed to do. i noticed sometimes it stays off when i open the door to start the car and sometimes it stays on when i open the door. not sure if it makes a difference if i use the remote to unlock or if i hit the door handle switch to unlock

can someone guide me on the "rules" of this interior light on and off button?
I have a 2022 Yukon SLT as a work vehicle with equipment. It drives me CRAZY that often the lights do NOT go on when I'm looking for gear. This sounds like it is a factory defect. I agree that it's crazy to have paid so much for a new vehicle to have this fault.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
ppv2018