Bought a 2010 Tahoe: Build Thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Good job, papa! Looks like a nice ride to keep your family safe.

Oh, +1 for the 6.2 swap.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
bfonz91

bfonz91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Last night I got my Intune i3 Diablesport tuner. Just loaded the canned "Diablo Tune" with the AFM delete. I'm impressed. Throttle response is way better, shifts are substantial, and it is significantly more fun to drive.

I know everyone swears by the DiabLew custom tunes, and I believe it, but this was just so simple and a no-brainer upgrade for now.

Oh yeah, and while it was connected, checked for codes. I'm clean as a whistle! Woot Woot

Miami-Dade

Staff member
Super Moderator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Last night I got my Intune i3 Diablesport tuner. Just loaded the canned "Diablo Tune" with the AFM delete. I'm impressed. Throttle response is way better, shifts are substantial, and it is significantly more fun to drive.

I know everyone swears by the DiabLew custom tunes, and I believe it, but this was just so simple and a no-brainer upgrade for now.

Oh yeah, and while it was connected, checked for codes. I'm clean as a whistle! Woot Woot

Nice work Blake!

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sounds like a good plan, keep the updates coming.

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
If/when you go to install a backup camera.
The plastic trim piece above the plate where the license plate lights sit.
Seen a few with this problem, including prior owner of my hoe...

Apparently they use locktite on those mounting nuts/bolts
When you try and remove the bolts they can deform the bolts in the plastic cover.

I managed to fix mine, but i have some marine epoxy i used to form new mounts in the cover.

And i approve!
:cheers:

I have captain chairs in my hoe, but one of the former owners decided they wanted a bench there.
So they had a custom middle seat made, and they removed the arm rests.
I have yet to find a PN for just the arm rests so i can go back to full captain chairs.

OP
OP
bfonz91

bfonz91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If/when you go to install a backup camera.
The plastic trim piece above the plate where the license plate lights sit.
Seen a few with this problem, including prior owner of my hoe...

Apparently they use locktite on those mounting nuts/bolts
When you try and remove the bolts they can deform the bolts in the plastic cover.

I managed to fix mine, but i have some marine epoxy i used to form new mounts in the cover.

Thanks for the heads up. I'll keep an eye out when I do the backup cam. Hopefully I'll get to it before Christmas!

OP
OP
bfonz91

bfonz91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Found out I had a leaky valve cover due to the busted gasket in the picture. So I decided to upgrade to the new style valve cover to fix the oil consumption issue. Hopefully this combined with the AFM delete (via tune) gives my mature 5.3 some extra life.

IMG_20201128_142315.jpg

Just Fishing

Can't fix stupid
Reaction score
From my limited knowledge, i think you might have had the update valve covers already?
If not, it's on my list as well.

Not to mention to the time getting the crud/sludge off of them seems worth while.

OP
OP
bfonz91

bfonz91

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
No it was definitely the old style. (Round hole vs rectangle hole).

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645