Let's sift through every square inch of a 2013 Tahoe PPV

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Caddylack

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Shit… I might just sell it…

I’m not in a rush to sell to somebody looking for a cheap cop car, but I would probably be okay with passing this truck off to another enthusiast at the right price.

I’m not looking to make money or even break even, but I know what I have. Keep in mind the following:

1. I’m the only person who has owned this thing besides one singular police department in Arizona. There is NO rust.

2. Performance tuned by Speed, Inc. in the Chicago suburbs and will run great on whatever gas you pour in it. DOD was disabled just after 100k miles, and the engine and trans are as strong as they get. Like 123k or something now on the odometer, I’ll have to check.

3. $1100 in recent brand new tires, plus the 18” Silverado rims.

I’m thinking about asking like $12.5k or something with the brand new sway bar package included.

OP
OP
Caddylack

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I’m not able to get what I want then I will just keep it and continue on with my plans. I own a parking lot, so it’s not like it’s taking up space or anything.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If I’m not able to get what I want then I will just keep it and continue on with my plans. I own a parking lot, so it’s not like it’s taking up space or anything.
Sell the audi. Those are headaches and a half i liked my v8 s4 but dammit if i didn't want to set that thing on fire 6 mos out of the year.

OP
OP
Caddylack

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sell the audi. Those are headaches and a half i liked my v8 s4 but dammit if i didn't want to set that thing on fire 6 mos out of the year.
Ha!

My Audi is twin turbo, AWD, and manual trans… There are very few cars in that category. Not to mention Audis don’t rust.

They are definitely maintenance-intensive, but they aren’t unreliable if you are willing to deal with all of the tedious work.

I already have the car completely torn apart and the engine is on a stand. I’m about to run 20 psi on an engine with 250k miles.

IMG_0898.jpeg
IMG_1057.jpeg

I’m also doing a wide body conversion with Allroad parts… I’ve only seen it done in Germany… I don’t know of any Allroad-swapped sedans in the US.

IMG_0764.jpeg

I have bigger Audi plans down the road but I will keep quiet until I’m at that point.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
Ha!

My Audi is twin turbo, AWD, and manual trans… There are very few cars in that category. Not to mention Audis don’t rust.

They are definitely maintenance-intensive, but they aren’t unreliable if you are willing to deal with all of the tedious work.

I already have the car completely torn apart and the engine is on a stand. I’m about to run 20 psi on an engine with 250k miles.

View attachment 423089
View attachment 423090

I’m also doing a wide body conversion with Allroad parts… I’ve only seen it done in Germany… I don’t know of any Allroad-swapped sedans in the US.

View attachment 423088

I have bigger Audi plans down the road but I will keep quiet until I’m at that point.
Should do a build thread on the Audi!

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ha!

View attachment 423089
View attachment 423090

View attachment 423088

Gives me nightmares of when my timing chain failed on the audi

OP
OP
Caddylack

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Gives me nightmares of when my timing chain failed on the audi
Yeah the chain motors had some issues but this is a belt motor that basically doesn’t fail internally. Almost 100% of 2.7T failures are due to either the belt or cam chain guides failing. A few are due to running the engine out of oil. This is an engine that can be tuned to 500+ awhp without even touching the engine internals.

OP
OP
Caddylack

Caddylack

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Should do a build thread on the Audi!

Just keep in mind that the game plan changed a little bit along the way, so the introduction post isn’t completely accurate anymore.

I got brand new turbo cartridges from Mellet in the UK and I’m now completely overhauling the engine as far as gaskets, seals, and all maintenance items.

I will be running an old forum tune that is basically aimed at pushing the stock K03 turbos as far as you possibly can. The tune peaks at 20 psi and tapers to 15 psi. I should be well into the mid 300s as far as power, and the car only weighs like 3800 lbs. Oh, and it has a Torsen-based AWD system that is 100% mechanical.

Additionally, the 2.7T is a great example of how peak horsepower and torque numbers don’t tell the whole story. You can feel it when you drive the car. A stock 2.7T makes it’s peak 250 ftlbs at only 1200 rpm.

blackelky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yeah the chain motors had some issues but this is a belt motor that basically doesn’t fail internally. Almost 100% of 2.7T failures are due to either the belt or cam chain guides failing. A few are due to running the engine out of oil. This is an engine that can be tuned to 500+ awhp without even touching the engine internals.
Can't do it lol. I thought the v8 s4 was supposed to be fool proof too. My r32 was always an issue too thankfully i sold it for higher than i paid for it. I used motul for oil changes back then. No clue what the issue was.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
DefiantOne