Black Headlights for 2016 Tahoe

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

01Konvict

Boats n Hoes
Reaction score
Did you do a write up on it? would love to have a lil more guidance. How b out moisture inside the lens?

Basic opening process is needed. Remove all rubber fittings and wiring from lights. Bake at 215 for 10 mins. Then start prying around the edges that seal the headlight halves. Maybe need to rebake for 5-8 min during the opening process. Once you get it all loose then clean up old sealant off both halves. Do your paint work then use butyl rubber to seal the channel back up between the two halves. Short version but should get you through it.

OP
OP
I

itsspeeds

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Basic opening process is needed. Remove all rubber fittings and wiring from lights. Bake at 215 for 10 mins. Then start prying around the edges that seal the headlight halves. Maybe need to rebake for 5-8 min during the opening process. Once you get it all loose then clean up old sealant off both halves. Do your paint work then use butyl rubber to seal the channel back up between the two halves. Short version but should get you through it.

It's what I originally want d to do. Wife's taking a week off in October thinking this is what I am gonna try to do while she's gone . Thanks

2016YUKONSLT

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think I would rather buy them instead of having the possibility of screwing them up

toi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you must, i like the second set better

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n