Stripped Seat Height Adjuster Gears

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

CTX-SLPR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Howdy,

So I've been doing some digging into how to address the most pressing bits of my new to me 2013 Yukon XL and doing some more digging into the seat adjuster failure, it looks like GM has taken a page from the old Ford power window motors with plastic gears that eat themselves. There is an existing thread on this but it left off in 2020 so going to make a new one with an up front reference.

There appears to be a new style of gear that uses a roll pin vs. the original epoxy attachment method on eBay. Seems worth a shot for ~$25 vs. about $400 for an intact seat. Anyone have any hands on experience with this new style of repair gear? Should I proactively replace the other adjuster gear since I'll be mucking about in the adjuster?

Thanks

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Someone has ordered gears from an overseas supplier and discovered they were completely incompatible only after their seat was apart. Research carefully.

George B

¯\_(ツ)_/¯
Reaction score
I used Guven gears. It worked but…

Thread here:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I didn't want to take the seat tracks apart to install the Gruven gears. Saved up and bought new seat tracks instead. Old ones are worth $200+ each on ebay even with broken gears.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Thanks for the info George B. That’s cool you gave Gruven a heads up about the issue. I hope they can duplicate it and remedy what’s going on or potentially figure out what’s cooking with yours.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz