Adding heating steering wheel to 2007 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Ok, nailed it. So on 07 & 08 the thing to check for a Non Op steering wheel heater is the fuse for the clock spring harness or the fuse for accessory outlet. Good info.

B-Watt

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
What fuse location did everyone tap into? It's a 7.5a, I've tapped into different ignition fuses and it keeps draining the battery. The final step and the wheel works, it's great so of course something little had to happen.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
What fuse location did everyone tap into? It's a 7.5a, I've tapped into different ignition fuses and it keeps draining the battery. The final step and the wheel works, it's great so of course something little had to happen.

Post #9 on page 1 talks about a plug and play harness that a member of this forum makes

If you want to be more invasive and save money. Just run a dedicated circuit with a relay that turns off with the ignition.

I have no advice on which existing fuse you can tap off of.

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
you probably want to look for a 07-09 steering wheel (with heat)
get the VIN number for the vehicle it came off of (if possible)
then you will need the "clockspring" for said vin number
then it is all plug-n-play except you will need a "key-on" power source for the heat to work
this will be sourced with 1 wire
you can look at the gm upfitter guide for a wiring diagram. you should be able to run 1 wire and make it just like stock
The real gamble with this situation is hoping the BCM is pre coded for a heated wheel. The wheel
Controls work off a 12v reference signal with different resistors in between each wheel button with a returning wire to the BCM. Each button send back a different voltage which the BCM is programmed for to carry out the desired function.

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2007 Tahoe LS which I am hoping to add a heated steering wheel to. I have done a little bit of looking around and I see that there are Escalades that come with heated steering wheels in the 07-14, but I'm not sure about any other makes/models.

I've found this listing for one on eBay that appears to have the same mounting as the Tahoe, as well as this listing that claims to fit all 07-14 Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade/Etc., but I'm not sure if that is accurate and they don't accept returns.

What I'm not sure about it if the heating will just work without any anything extra. Does anybody know if there is any additional wiring/programming that would be required for this to work?

Any info is appreciated. Thank you in advance.
Be careful buying used on eBay, imo I wouldn’t buy one unless it offered “seller pays return shipping” and it claims to be in tested working order. My Escalade wheel is still n great condition but the heating elements burnt out.

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Post #9 on page 1 talks about a plug and play harness that a member of this forum makes

If you want to be more invasive and save money. Just run a dedicated circuit with a relay that turns off with the ignition.

I have no advice on which existing fuse you can tap off of.
All data has the wire connector part numbers that will plug directly into the OE fuse location as well as the clock spring harness terminal ends.

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The real gamble with this situation is hoping the BCM is pre coded for a heated wheel. The wheel
Controls work off a 12v reference signal with different resistors in between each wheel button with a returning wire to the BCM. Each button send back a different voltage which the BCM is programmed for to carry out the desired function.
Not for heat, it's a on/off button with ground and 12v power. if you wired it to a constant power source and left it on it would drain your battery.
has no connection to the bcm.
if the button is on and power is on, it is heating.
which is why you connect it to accessory power only. that way key off, power off..
I could be wrong but I think the only button that goes to the bcm is cruise and even the lowest trim levels have cruise.
radio controls go to the radio (i think) otherwise all the people that have done the steering wheel upgrades wouldn't work

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
you tap into the kick panel to left of where your left foot sit's, it has a black cover that pops off and there will be open connections there unless you have a ltz, denali or escalade, then they are all occupied. if you poke around the site or web the pinouts are shown/pictured. ground and accessory power are there.

JPS0284

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not for heat, it's a on/off button with ground and 12v power. if you wired it to a constant power source and left it on it would drain your battery.
has no connection to the bcm.
if the button is on and power is on, it is heating.
which is why you connect it to accessory power only. that way key off, power off..
I could be wrong but I think the only button that goes to the bcm is cruise and even the lowest trim levels have cruise.
radio controls go to the radio (i think) otherwise all the people that have done the steering wheel upgrades wouldn't work
IMG_0156.png
Notice the PNK/BLK wires both sides, your right on about the wheel heat, that would be a simple relay to setup.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Dustpan