Adding heating steering wheel to 2007 Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ngkrohmer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2007 Tahoe LS which I am hoping to add a heated steering wheel to. I have done a little bit of looking around and I see that there are Escalades that come with heated steering wheels in the 07-14, but I'm not sure about any other makes/models.

I've found this listing for one on eBay that appears to have the same mounting as the Tahoe, as well as this listing that claims to fit all 07-14 Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade/Etc., but I'm not sure if that is accurate and they don't accept returns.

What I'm not sure about it if the heating will just work without any anything extra. Does anybody know if there is any additional wiring/programming that would be required for this to work?

Any info is appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hi, I have a 2007 Tahoe LS which I am hoping to add a heated steering wheel to. I have done a little bit of looking around and I see that there are Escalades that come with heated steering wheels in the 07-14, but I'm not sure about any other makes/models.

I've found this listing for one on eBay that appears to have the same mounting as the Tahoe, as well as this listing that claims to fit all 07-14 Tahoe/Yukon/Escalade/Etc., but I'm not sure if that is accurate and they don't accept returns.

What I'm not sure about it if the heating will just work without any anything extra. Does anybody know if there is any additional wiring/programming that would be required for this to work?

you probably want to look for a 07-09 steering wheel (with heat)
get the VIN number for the vehicle it came off of (if possible)
then you will need the "clockspring" for said vin number
then it is all plug-n-play except you will need a "key-on" power source for the heat to work
this will be sourced with 1 wire
you can look at the gm upfitter guide for a wiring diagram. you should be able to run 1 wire and make it just like stock

OP
OP
N

ngkrohmer

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
you probably want to look for a 07-09 steering wheel (with heat)
get the VIN number for the vehicle it came off of (if possible)
then you will need the "clockspring" for said vin number
then it is all plug-n-play except you will need a "key-on" power source for the heat to work
this will be sourced with 1 wire
you can look at the gm upfitter guide for a wiring diagram. you should be able to run 1 wire and make it just like stock
Thank you for your input. I will do some looking around and see what I can come up with. If I'm successful in getting this working I'll be sure to make an update on what all I did.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Thank you for your input. I will do some looking around and see what I can come up with. If I'm successful in getting this working I'll be sure to make an update on what all I did.
if you search around the forum there are some threads on it that people have done before.

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score

I went ahead and did it on my express van (caddy steering wheel on Chevy express) . pretty similar swap to what you’re doing. Others have done the steering wheel swap as well.

my advice would be to try your hardest to find the all leather gmc steering wheel if possible. They’re hard to come by but the caddy wheel with the wood grain kind of defeats the heated steering wheel part. My wood grain stays cold as shit , where the leather wheel in my Yukon is just as hot as I like it.

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
The heat on the wheel is a nice treat at cold start up. My old mits really enjoy on any day. I just have to remember it’s there.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I added it to my 08. I purchased a brand new wheel (# 22947767) from rock auto, the clock spring (# 25966964) from Malouf Chevrolet, and the retro fit harness from @cmatt on here. Highly recommend the harness. Everything works as it should. I thought I had more pics but that's all I can find. When you buy the harness, he sends you photos of how it is routed and where it plugs in.

69024665893__5B2CC12C-3D2F-43D1-8FFA-0C00C6DE304C.jpegIMG_4507.jpegIMG_4508.jpeg

Last edited:

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Thanks for chiming in and the hook up for the harness needed.

Is it true that the 07 & 08 heated harness have an inline fuse vs in the fuse box?

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Thanks for chiming in and the hook up for the harness needed.

Is it true that the 07 & 08 heated harness have an inline fuse vs in the fuse box?
No inline fuse in the harness. It just taps into the accessory power in the footwell

1702929371519.png
1702929575675.png

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts