Black Betty 2018 Z71 Silverado....build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
would a shorter end link help?
actually I think these end links are too short, i'm thinking a slightly longer one would work better, talked to the shop here and he said the articulated links snap off, im going to play with it a little with the inserts that came with the new end links i bought for the bushings

gat0r

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my limited understanding is that you want the bar parallel to ground, yours looks to be pointing up too much still.

im working w/ hotchkis to find a smaller end link for my setup

kbuskill

***CAUTION*** I do my own stunts!
Reaction score
my limited understanding is that you want the bar parallel to ground, yours looks to be pointing up too much still.

im working w/ hotchkis to find a smaller end link for my setup

Moog 700528 are 3.25" with 2 bushings and the center sleeve... so 3.25" from sway bar to lower control arm.

This is what I used on my 4/6 dropped Burb to get the sway bar parallel with the ground.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I might have to flip the sway bar over if there is clearance it looks like the ends are angled better that way, for now I cut some sleeves about 1/2" longer than the ones that were on there, taking it to the local truck shop tomorrow that does lifting and lowering and see what they can come up with.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
went by the Truck shop today the guy said the rear bags should have came with a remote control so I have to work on getting one, the frame is notched on the back and that appears to all be fine, for the front he recommended going with the stock control arms and strut (because they need parts off of it) then use a 2" drop spindle and adjustable struts, the spindles and struts would run me about $750.00 then I would need to acquire some oem control arms poking around online I can get all 4 for about $400 (used), just need to price out some oem struts, he said it would be $400-500 labor, the control arms that are on the truck now are tubular and he said it's probably not aligned right and will put excessive wear on the ball joints. so overall not to bad of a synopsis to get it done better hopefully.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
DistantXtremes HID upgrade kit installed, the truck came with factory D5S HID but the bulbs are only 25w, this kit is 45W so should be a nice improvement, pretty much plug-n-play just had to make a hole in the dust cover to insert the bulb harness, looked to be about the size of a quarter so I used a box cutter and it turned out perfect. everything fits under the radiator shroud. once it gets dark I will adjust the lights and try to get some output shots
hidd.jpg hidd1.jpg hidd2.jpg hidd3.jpg hidd4.jpg hidd5.jpg hidd6.jpg hidd7.jpg hidd8.jpg hidd9.jpg

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
photo's don't really show it properly but not entirely impressed with the output, photo's are of both the Silverado and the yukon on the right with 55w HID's in the stock housings, the left is the Silverado with 45w HID's in the factory projectors, then just the Silverado on low beam, then High beam. I think I will try and find some 55w D5S.

DSC_3986.JPG DSC_3987.JPG DSC_3988.JPG

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
went by the Truck shop today the guy said the rear bags should have came with a remote control so I have to work on getting one, the frame is notched on the back and that appears to all be fine, for the front he recommended going with the stock control arms and strut (because they need parts off of it) then use a 2" drop spindle and adjustable struts, the spindles and struts would run me about $750.00 then I would need to acquire some oem control arms poking around online I can get all 4 for about $400 (used), just need to price out some oem struts, he said it would be $400-500 labor, the control arms that are on the truck now are tubular and he said it's probably not aligned right and will put excessive wear on the ball joints. so overall not to bad of a synopsis to get it done better hopefully.

I concur with Jay on the bar needing to be parallel and it looks like yours is angled due to the drop. I'd get shorter links (or cut the sleeves with shorter bolts- same thing).

You wanna keep it lowered? If you're gonna buy new suspension parts, now's your chance to lift it like a Z71 should be :p

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Trickystick19