Black Betty 2018 Z71 Silverado....build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
managed to get the power fold turn signal mirrors installed without to much trouble, wind blew over one of my door panels and scuffed it a hair but nothing unbearable :doh2:
View attachment 240267

Dammit! That would be how it'd go- you take all the precautions to not break anything when removing the panel then something like that happens.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Dammit! That would be how it'd go- you take all the precautions to not break anything when removing the panel then something like that happens.
I should have put in the back of the truck but I leaned it against the yukon instead and sure enough the wind kicked up out of no where.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw those tail lights for sale over at silveradosierra.com for $375, new in the box. Go figure huh.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Just saw those tail lights for sale over at silveradosierra.com for $375, new in the box. Go figure huh.
weird those look clear, I only saw the red lens and smoked ones for sale, I like the red ones anyway
I need the dam power fold switch for the mirrors, apparently it's been out of stock since the strike
got all my Maestro adapters I need to pick some speakers, front doors have 6x9's, rear doors have 6.5, i've never really heard a decent 6x9 other than old school 2-ways so might just adapt the front doors to 6.5 also and run 2 sets of components, put subs under the rear seat, amps behind the rear seat, that leaves the dash speakers and a deck, I might wait a couple months on the deck both pioneer and kenwood will have there new ones out by spring or should anyway.

rr.jpg

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
weird those look clear, I only saw the red lens and smoked ones for sale, I like the red ones anyway
I need the dam power fold switch for the mirrors, apparently it's been out of stock since the strike
got all my Maestro adapters I need to pick some speakers, front doors have 6x9's, rear doors have 6.5, i've never really heard a decent 6x9 other than old school 2-ways so might just adapt the front doors to 6.5 also and run 2 sets of components, put subs under the rear seat, amps behind the rear seat, that leaves the dash speakers and a deck, I might wait a couple months on the deck both pioneer and kenwood will have there new ones out by spring or should anyway.

View attachment 240665
Look for wireless CarPlay if you use an iPhone.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Look for wireless CarPlay if you use an iPhone.
ya I have a wireless deck in the yukon, I'm just waiting for the new decks to be released they showed them at ces last month, this truck has wired android auto/carplay but I want wireless, Alpine makes a nice 9" or 10" that will slap right in but it's not wireless

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Hit a speed bump kind of hard today, it bottomed out and bam abs light and service traction/trailer system
I figured maybe I busted the trailer brake module, but no the idiots that did the drop before I owned it ran the right rear abs harness right between the axle and frame so if you bottom out it pinches the cable I found it in the dark with my flashlight and then scanned it and sure enough....
thought about repairing it but new oem ones are only $20 online, so i'll just get one from the dealer tomorrow

abs.JPG

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo