Black Betty 2018 Z71 Silverado....build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also ordered the DL8 power fold and turn signal mirrors a few days ago $770 :eek: they come complete with a custom harness and the required door switch, I get a $100 back if I send my existing wire harness back to the seller then I can sell the original power only mirrors and recoup a little more money so it wont hurt as bad.

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
also ordered the DL8 power fold and turn signal mirrors a few days ago $770 :eek: they come complete with a custom harness and the required door switch, I get a $100 back if I send my existing wire harness back to the seller then I can sell the original power only mirrors and recoup a little more money so it wont hurt as bad.
I ordered a master switch for the LTZ door panel swap I’m doing on mine that has the power fold buttons since my mirrors are power fold but there was no place to plug them in on the harnesses. I’m also getting harnesses from a Tahoe that has the function and when I program the switch module with my Tech2 I’m hoping they will work. Fingers crossed.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I ordered a master switch for the LTZ door panel swap I’m doing on mine that has the power fold buttons since my mirrors are power fold but there was no place to plug them in on the harnesses. I’m also getting harnesses from a Tahoe that has the function and when I program the switch module with my Tech2 I’m hoping they will work. Fingers crossed.
mine is a 2lt so it has some of the ltz wiring, I checked and it has the wires for the blinker/power fold up to the harness connector in the door jam, I bought the set from Phil the harness dr. over on gm trucks, with his harness and the mirrors and switch it is all plug-n-play I just wont have the memory function like a ltz but there is a option to add it later but I would have to order door panels also most likely however on these trucks they put the memory buttons on the door handle trim instead of on the door panel so not sure.

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
these headlights on this truck are crazy, the blinker and drl and projector are all one unit basically, the blinker bulb just sits in a little plastic cap with metal contacts that twist's into the housing. you cant even add external resistors if you wanted to unless you tore the whole housing apart or rewired the harness, no wonder they cost $1000 (each) :eek:

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
these headlights on this truck are crazy, the blinker and drl and projector are all one unit basically, the blinker bulb just sits in a little plastic cap with metal contacts that twist's into the housing. you cant even add external resistors if you wanted to unless you tore the whole housing apart or rewired the harness, no wonder they cost $1000 (each) :eek:
No they're $1000 each because GM made it hard to replace with something else aftermarket and decided they would charge $1000 each for that privilege. Just like the SUV led tail lights that are the same price and fail right out of warranty. :mad:

OP
OP
Doubeleive

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
received the new resistors from morimoto for the tail lights, they worked! no hyper flash, these have good brightness in daylight so I am happy, for $475 i'm not ecstatic with the tail lights but there different the other brands on the market I see have high failure rates, these have a 10yr warranty so well see how it goes.

mori.jpg mori1.jpg mori2.jpg mori3.jpg mori4.jpg mori5.jpg mori6.jpg mori7.jpg

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Looks like a really nice fit, like they could be OEM equipment. Actually, saying they're at OEM level would probably be an insult to the Morimotos.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ep33401