Big wheels kill suspension

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

NathanJax

Vacation Nathan
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
2002-3 was 16" or 17" wheels. 20's weren't offered yet on Yukon's.

First, we are in the 07-14 section (since he's asking about 2012's, so that's why most of the talk is about the NNBS coming with optional 22's.

Second, the 2004 Denali he is talking about, had a factory option for 20" rims.

So either way, there's no reason to be discussing pre 2004 vehicles, unless we are arguing just to argue... In that case, iPhone > everything FTW!

BeenChevy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
When trying to factor suspension wear vs. rim size. The factor will be choice of offset and tire choice.

If they're going with a negative offset from factory and pushing the wheels further from the axle of course this is going to put more stress on things. What offset are they going with? I think 31 is the stock 22" rim offset.

What tires are they going with? I think the stock 22" rim/tire size is 285/50R22. Are they're thinking of running super low profile rubber band tires? If so, they're going to lose weight but make for a rough ride and possible do damage to components when they hit a bump - maybe ever crack some teeth. They can stick with the stock tire size and not do MORE wear in comparison to this stock size.. Hopefully this information with make sense to them.

CTLT13

Reaction score
Mine has been lowered 3 inch all around and sitting on 24s since I bought it in August 2013 and no problems so far.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Roady24