Best LED headlight bulbs as of December 2019?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Can you please explain how a light bulb type can drop MPG by 1-2 mph?
Alternator cost money to run. and very inefficient to run, about 15-20% efficiency
it takes about 13-15hp to make [email protected]

on average with electric fans you will be pulling about 60-85amps idle on a 1995 suburban
efficiency is even less at a lower load because of drag...
it's 10% lost right there that is why GM has the battery on a deep cycle..2004+

i'm sure the nnbs is pulling about 80-90amps..at idle

the other issue is those pesky DC motors in the suv... they cost a lot to run them overtime.. big spikes in power usage upon the initial start etc...

that is why i'm putting capacitor system in mine 3,000 Farad.... it's only going to cost about $90 for that sized bank i found good genuine OEM capacitors that are lightly used..

i know people will say what about those devices on the market that claim to save gas that plug into the cig those capacitors are only the size of a button cell battery

they only got a 0.001 F ( 1000µF@25v) just enough to power the LED inside of it vs 1500 Farad actual..Mazda has all ready tested it with the I-Eloop they got a 10% gain...

if you want FREE 7% boost on mpg pump up your tires to 40PSI cold..

this is how i'm about to get 27mpg on the highway i pump them if i plan on going onto the highway i take weather conditions into consideration :) so if it rains should have them lower at 34psi for better traction..

Last edited:

PFDarkside

TYF Newbie
Reaction score

I got a full set of Supernova V.4 for my Yukon. Low Beam, High Beam and Fog Light. They do really well in the projector low beam housing. Nice hot spot, perfect cutoff, no weird shadows. In the halogen housings they do glare quite a bit. For the high beams it’s not an issue because you want lots of light everywhere. In the Fog Lights they are headlight class bulbs, so they put out a ton of light, probably too much for the housing. Since the low beams are so bright, I only use the fog lights when needed, dark neighborhoods, rural roads with small shoulders, etc.

Overall, I think the low beams are very worth it, far better than the Amazon specials I had before. The High Beams and Fog Lights are pricey for how often I use them. You could probably be happy with cheap 6K fogs that are a lot less bright, just to match. High Beams are dependent on how often you use them.

Hope that helps.

pro510

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 2016 Suburban LT, can someone confirm that the dimmed low beam for DRL is just constant low voltage (9V) or if it's PWM 12V, or something else? I had thought it was just 9V but I keep seeing mention of PWM.

Looking at getting some LEDs and wondering if I need the PWM module to go with them.

By all accounts the GTR Ultra 2's from Headlight Revolution (and other places) are the best on the market today.

Thanks.

Pops McGee

Reaction score
I went Diode Dynamics on the headlights and Stark on fog lights for LEDs on my 2016 LT. Looks great and no problems so far

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Nice informational reference on the previous utube links. I tried helping the neighbor kid w/ the led set up on his Tacoma. Instant “stfu and they’re fine” when suggesting he look at some of the ways to twist the bulbs to get rid of the scatter going on.

I’d like to see how Tesla designers got such a focused led beam on their vehicles.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jake 2015 GMC Yuk

Latest posts