Best LED headlight bulbs as of December 2019?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

JC 707

Reaction score
I've found older threads about LED headlight bulbs but still unsure of which to purchase.

Can anyone recommend a good brand please. Looking to match the 6000k bright white fog light LED bulbs I am purchasing on Amazon.

Thanks!

Joseph Garcia

Supporting Member
Reaction score
There are previous threads here in the Forum on this topic. As I recall, there are many opinions from folks here on which LEDs are the best.

As you imply with the context of your question pertaining to what are the best LEDs 'today', core LED technology is rapidly improving, and the subsequent commercialization of these improvements is also moving at a rapid pace. The best that we can do in a rapidly evolving technological and commercialization environment is make our best decisions, based upon what we know today, and the referenced article by Trides is a great place to begin.

Since LEDs are not cheap, one other item that you may wish to consider is the vendor from which you purchase your LEDs. If there is a problem with compatibility or fit, you want to feel confident that you can return them for a full refund or replacement. Also, like anything else, there can be defects that cause the LED to not function after a period of time, so an ironclad warranty with a reasonably long warranty period can be of value. I ran into both of these situations when I converted my Yukon XL to all LEDs inside and outside, and the vendor that I selected, JDM Astar, was 100% cooperative and supportive in taking care of my issues, without there being any additional cost to me (even shipping expenses).

I wish you the best of outcomes on your LED assessment and conversion.

OP
OP
J

JC 707

Reaction score
Thanks Trides...very interesting read. My next question would be...would I have a halogen reflector type headlight on my 2019 Tahoe LT?

OP
OP
J

JC 707

Reaction score
I found this is my owners manual which is making me hesitant to buy LED bulbs to replace the Halogen ones. Thoughts?

Screenshot_20191230-090829.jpg

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I found this is my owners manual which is making me hesitant to buy LED bulbs to replace the Halogen ones. Thoughts?

View attachment 237499

Same here. I think the reduced voltage can screw with the BCM but I have seen plenty of people convert with no issues. I guess it depends on which ones you buy. I’m still on the fence but leaning towards these. They come on sale every so often. In fact they were $60 last night.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/aw/d/B077BT6M6Z/ref=ox_sc_act_image_1?smid=A20DLZVH04R37U&psc=1

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

JC 707

Reaction score
I had to look up what BCM meant...wow it monitors a ton of the vehicles electrical stuff. I wonder if these LED bulbs can short out the BCM or something? I guess I'd switch out to regular bulbs if something happens and I need to take it to the dealer for repairs hmmmm.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to look up what BCM meant...wow it monitors a ton of the vehicles electrical stuff. I wonder if these LED bulbs can short out the BCM or something? I guess I'd switch out to regular bulbs if something happens and I need to take it to the dealer for repairs hmmmm.

I had put these in because the stock halogen are just terrible. For halogen they are close to the LED strip light on mine. Had them in since May. No issues

https://www.amazon.com/generation-b...rds=osram+night+breaker&qid=1577732553&sr=8-3

390f924df0de1bb63055b843d94839ec.jpgebd29bab7cb7bc47ad478f92c4c26bde.jpg

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

OP
OP
J

JC 707

Reaction score
My owners manual says headlights are pre-adjusted from the factory on the position of the light, assuming this means so lighting won't blind other drivers.

Would replacing the bulbs require a new adjustment? If so, how would one do this? Thanks!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SteveandKish