Best LED headlight bulbs as of December 2019?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My owners manual says headlights are pre-adjusted from the factory on the position of the light, assuming this means so lighting won't blind other drivers.

Would replacing the bulbs require a new adjustment? If so, how would one do this? Thanks!

I didn’t adjust for the new halogens. Same beam pattern. Their might be some adjustment needed with LED. Haven’t really looked at my new truck but my old one had adjustment screws on back of assembly. Just look around u should be able to see them. Honestly I wouldn’t adjust.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
when they create a LED headlight bulb that replicates a halogen beam pattern I'll be on board until then it's HID, I figure it's just a matter of time first they were single side, then they were double side, now they are 4 side, just make a round one already plenty of money out there waiting to be spent on a quality LED bulb.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
If you are going to upgrade your headlight bulbs do it the right way and use good wire a relays, this way it won't damage your vehicle wiring as you found the notation in the owners manual, using relays and proper gauge wire takes the load off of the factory wiring and factory relays and yes if you change the bulb type you should re-adjust the headlight housing there are adjusters on the housing to do this with a simple Phillips screws driver.

OP
OP
J

JC 707

Reaction score
when they create a LED headlight bulb that replicates a halogen beam pattern I'll be on board until then it's HID, I figure it's just a matter of time first they were single side, then they were double side, now they are 4 side, just make a round one already plenty of money out there waiting to be spent on a quality LED bulb.

Supposedly there is one. I came across this while searching Youtube for reviews/options. A little pricey not sure if worth it.

BG1988

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to look up what BCM meant...wow it monitors a ton of the vehicles electrical stuff. I wonder if these LED bulbs can short out the BCM or something? I guess I'd switch out to regular bulbs if something happens and I need to take it to the dealer for repairs hmmmm.

LED = a "diode" effectively

in dumb down terms it's a low amperage short circuit...

you will have to use one with a decent LED driver ...

Last edited:

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Supposedly there is one. I came across this while searching Youtube for reviews/options. A little pricey not sure if worth it.

lol, he completely avoids saying the halogen bulb projects 360deg and just jumps to how thin they can make the led board, haha

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score
major difference, the halogen bulb projects light 360deg, the LED has shadows
At my last job, I led the development of a hand held UV LED lamp and the biggest challenge was finding a combination of on-device lenses and diffusing filters so we didn’t have hot spots. They have a long way to go before they can replicate a Halogen bulb in evenness if light dispersion. Until then, putting an LED bulb into a fixture designed for Halogen is going to give sub-par results.

RB_Trucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've found older threads about LED headlight bulbs but still unsure of which to purchase.

Can anyone recommend a good brand please. Looking to match the 6000k bright white fog light LED bulbs I am purchasing on Amazon.

Thanks!

Here’s what I put on my 2019 Suburban LT, plug and play and have been working flawlessly and the light pattern is excellent for an LED. Mind you they are rotatable to adjust the pattern, they color match the DRL too. Adds an up level look chevy should have put on these trucks from factory. FADB079B-212E-4F3B-8DC5-3D963169339A.jpeg B77B0756-8B21-4C49-8AF3-523F40A729B1.png 81EC9EA5-5661-4A28-9BF8-EB762A3D1B57.png

GranPrix

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
firedog9518

Latest posts