Best insurance company for Tahoe?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fiatdale

Houstons Best
Reaction score
The only time Ive ever had State Farm call for "cheap / used parts" was on a 9 year old vehicle where an OEM part wasnt available. Other than that one time, theyve always used new OEM. May be different in different parts of the country but I deal with these guys everyday. Liberty Mutual is alright most of the time, never shopped their rates though.

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
I am in Florida , 51 years old, wife had a minor fender bender last year but clean record otherwise. So it looks like Geico, Liberty Mutual, and AAA will be getting calls. Appreciate all the replies!

A lot of people don't even know AAA does insurance, and their rate has always been very good for me. Plus, there's a discount with the membership. Free tows, and all the discounts on hotels, rentals, etc.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Progressive just raised my rate, anyone have suggestions for Florida coverage? Going to shop around, insurance companies like to creep the rates up until you get annoyed and shop them.

Any and all replies appreciated!
that's weird I have progressive and they just dropped mine about $100 (per month) just out the blue, I almost wanted to call them and ask what the heck did they take off but I didn't ask for any changes so...I don't know, and I live in California and we get a surcharge because of all the B.S. laws

petethepug

Michael
Reaction score
Best way to shop insurance is to ask the owner of an auto body shop. They are the ones that are impacted by all the red tape and can get you a true [emoji519] for [emoji519] comparison and price per pound of bs.

I’ve had AAA since I could drive. They have changed to lower service in order to keep up with the competition and ever changing laws. They make huge mistakes however ... they are accountable and make it right.

In the last two claims in a ten year period where our VW was rear ended, they flagrantly devalued the car, attempted to state no parts were available, flat out lied about the shop stating they were refusing to do certain repairs and told me I could not self source parts.

They also told the DMV I was uninsured which led to my license being suspended “by accident “. All that nonsense revealed a damage claim they denied almost four years ago which should have been paid for. They pretty much repainted the entire vehicle and ate crow.

Fast forward another four years and they wrongly refused to correct broken motor mounts, cracked exhaust, blown lift gate struts and a melted bumper cover from said broken exhaust. It’s all documented as damage from collision, not repaired and denied. They’re going to eat that too as I have all ppwk showing it was all recently replaced.

They’d rather quietly pay to make it right after the dust settles than face the consequences of multiple, consistent, ongoing failures to show they blatantly refused to cover repairs. Essentially they leveraged themselves into accountability moving forward through a pattern of neglect in the past via ppwk trail.

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk

Last edited:

Tahoe14

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Call the Insurance Commissioners office for the state of Florida and see if they will share with you who has the most complaints and who has the least. I have Amica in the state of Florida and I am very happy with them and they rate very highly by consumer report for customer service. You can check rates on the internet very easily and when I did all the big names were within a couple hundred dollars of each other. It seems that they all shop each others rates and are very competitive with each other . Good luck in your search.

Burby

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My Geico rate is so low that sometimes I wonder if I'm properly insured. I am. But I plan to shop to compare and will check out some of the mentioned companies in this post.

adriver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every time I have checked State farm in the past, they are always one of the higher priced rates. I have never used them, but Costco offers insurance I hear is pretty good. Not sure if its through anyone or if its actually through them.

I've been real happy with USAA too. Great customer service. When I was on a road trip last year and got stuck behind a mud and rock covered truck, my windshield picked up 15 or so large chips and a few cracks. They got me a 15% discount on safelite and helped arrange it.

I've never had an accident, but I've used roadside assistance several times. I factor that into the cost last time I shopped around, (I don't remember why, but I switched from progressive. Might have been to bundle in home insurance for another discount). I want to say AAA has the best road side assistance, if you pay the $10 a month or so for the highest plan. I know they do a lot of discounts at many places for retirees if you're up there.

Any chance your rate increase could have been a quarterly/annual reevaluation of factors for your area, as opposed to was this something you did such as report a ticket or accident? Could rates for all carriers have gone up in your area? Could it be a .. "You've gotten hurricanes and you're getting more snowbirds this time of year kind of thing"?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu