Belltech isn't performing

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
D

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I put the 5323 springs on with the 1" space and the original lower rubber boot and it feels great to me. Minimal noise but still there. I just feel people can hear it and it makes me feel cheap or like the vehicle is broken

Big Mama

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I couldn’t hear it at all. Can you hear it in the cabin? Maybe that would be a better video?

OP
OP
D

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I can easily hear it driving with the windows down. I cannot hear it with the windows up. I will have to try to capture another video in a different area. I just rolled through the neighborhood looking for a quick spot to record.

EZ Money

Reaction score
Perhaps it isn't the spring making the noise? Maybe something else up there is moving around.

We went with the MaxTrac suspension and love it. The back is a little softer than I would like, but think I am used to it now. There is no noise at all.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much drop did the springs you've tried yield? How much drop are you wanting? Do you have shock extenders?

OP
OP
D

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
How much drop did the springs you've tried yield? How much drop are you wanting? Do you have shock extenders?

I think the 3" drop is plenty for me or possibly i like the 2-3" range. I have the Beltech 5323 springs and a 1" spacer on it and have my rods sets to around 2 5/8" length which is yielding me about 36" from ground to fender ( I know its not the best way to measure). I could go 1/4-1/2" taller but I have adjusted up and down and the sound is still there.

I can pin point the sounds linked to the rear axle bouncing. I can feel the axle oscillating and hear the sound adjust with the oscillating feeling. I just cannot pin point if the oscillating and sound are linked to the spring or the shock movement.

I would love to warp the spring in rubber to isolate the metal to metal friction and see how it sounds but I cannot get a heater hose on the spring. I am looking for a tube with smaller OD specs now, or just pull the trigger for a non progressive spring design

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the 3" drop is plenty for me or possibly i like the 2-3" range. I have the Beltech 5323 springs and a 1" spacer on it and have my rods sets to around 2 5/8" length which is yielding me about 36" from ground to fender ( I know its not the best way to measure). I could go 1/4-1/2" taller but I have adjusted up and down and the sound is still there.

I can pin point the sounds linked to the rear axle bouncing. I can feel the axle oscillating and hear the sound adjust with the oscillating feeling. I just cannot pin point if the oscillating and sound are linked to the spring or the shock movement.

I would love to warp the spring in rubber to isolate the metal to metal friction and see how it sounds but I cannot get a heater hose on the spring. I am looking for a tube with smaller OD specs now, or just pull the trigger for a non progressive spring design

I'm thinking it's coils rubbing coils. It probably didn't do it at first since they're powdercoated, but now that's worn off. Spray some lube between the coils, get it everywhere you can, then go back and hit the same bumps where it squeaks and see if there's any improvement. If so, then you know what you gotta do.

I have some McGaughy 3" drop coils that ride like stock and don't have coils that rub each other. PM me if you're interested.

OP
OP
D

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Hopefully you can listen past the wind noise on the mic and listen to the background sound of the suspension I'm rolling 5- 10 mph in a parking garage. Towards the end you can hear it better. Sounds like a couple screwing on an old bed

Last edited:
OP
OP
D

Dearmosd

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sad to say I went back to stock till I can find another spring to try. The nose was to embarrassing for me to ride in. I'm now shocked on the stock height but I guess it's better than the noise for now

Rocket Man

Mark
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Sad to say I went back to stock till I can find another spring to try. The nose was to embarrassing for me to ride in. I'm now shocked on the stock height but I guess it's better than the noise for now
Did that get rid of the noise?

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
WhiteHorseBFD792

Latest posts