Beals build thread

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
BealT1

BealT1

Reaction score
Tahoe 1, Mercedes 0....got rear ended, she hit me hard enough to bend the bumper, receiver and possibly the frame rails down a tad. also bent the hitch a little as well. best part is she didn't have insurance. hopefully i can put a new bumper on without having to do frame work. my insurance wouldn't total it. the difference in damage did make me chuckle a bit.

ed4b5.jpg

15p4f9u.jpg

HiHoeSilver

Away!
Reaction score
Tahoe 1, Mercedes 0....got rear ended, she hit me hard enough to bend the bumper, receiver and possibly the frame rails down a tad. also bent the hitch a little as well. best part is she didn't have insurance. hopefully i can put a new bumper on without having to do frame work. my insurance wouldn't total it. the difference in damage did make me chuckle a bit.

ed4b5.jpg

15p4f9u.jpg

Hate that you got hit, especially by somebody without insurance, but it's always at least a little fun to see what our rears will do to a car. Hopefully no frame work! Hows the rest of your gorgeous truck doing?

OP
OP
BealT1

BealT1

Reaction score
Hate that you got hit, especially by somebody without insurance, but it's always at least a little fun to see what our rears will do to a car. Hopefully no frame work! Hows the rest of your gorgeous truck doing?

Yea it is what it is, i still love the Tahoe, been focusing on paying it off before I do much to it, once I get back to the states in about a month I need to do the valve cover gaskets, spark plugs, rotors, pads and possibly steel brake lines. I feel a slight wobble when braking (feels like a really slow abs). Also took the door guards off and man it was a pain but i think it looks so much better. one of them was super faded for some reason while the other 3 looked fine. It did scratch the clear coat a tad so ill need to buff it out. Had to replace a lot of the A/C system because the silica in the dryer all escaped through the system. I'll try to find the picture of the orifice filter. I haven't seen anything like it before. After having it for about a year now I've noticed little issues here and there like the drivers power seat doesn't want to go up and down. You can hear the motor in there but no movement. The heated seats are temperamental sometimes, they turn themselves off once in a while/don't want to turn on but they still work 90% of the time so once they fail I'll have to tear it apart and check it out. I have been battling my rear view mirror with trying to get it to stay on the windshield, it's fallen off 3 or 4 times now because of the 18 so if anyone knows of some super duty glue or epoxy please let me know. Over all it is a very clean truck, rides smooth and gets pretty decent gas mileage. I will probably end up keeping this for a very long time since it is just over 100k miles. I just need to get it back to par with the maintenance and rear ending situation.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Jj87