BB Tune + 'Vette Servo = Chirp Chirp Chirp :-)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Tried the multi-quote, but is not working for some reason.

Any way, my transimission is stock - no vette servo. Just from searching on the internet, it seems like quite a few people had this problem on stock trannys.

It was a "minor" rebuild so they approximated costs at ~$1,000. Keep in mind this is at the dealer.

Hmmm... $450 for upgraded parts - does that include labor? FYI, Monster rebuild/upgrade kits are ~$750. In any case, an upgrade in tranny parts is good piece of mind with the 4L60E.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Intriguing maybe I need to start a tranny rebuild fund now!!! :)

OP
OP
D

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Any way, my transimission is stock - no vette servo. Just from searching on the internet, it seems like quite a few people had this problem on stock trannys.

It was a "minor" rebuild so they approximated costs at ~$1,000. Keep in mind this is at the dealer.

Hmmm... $450 for upgraded parts - does that include labor? FYI, Monster rebuild/upgrade kits are ~$750. In any case, an upgrade in tranny parts is good piece of mind with the 4L60E.

I really have no idea. Paperwork shows "performance kit" as hardware installed. Unfortunately, I'm lucky to have that as service of used cars isn't typically given to the new owner.

pnap88p

Reaction score
thats awesome i want mine to chirp at shifts, i am just waiting to receive my volant cai and get my efilive tune done as blackbear does not seem to be coming this way of the country any time soon.

Gotta love having the 6k lb Tahoe chirping at shift ..... with a trailer in tow too. Lol ..... SC is definitely going to make it's way under the hood before too long. ;-)

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
thats awesome i want mine to chirp at shifts, i am just waiting to receive my volant cai and get my efilive tune done as blackbear does not seem to be coming this way of the country any time soon.

Get their AutoCal programmer/Tune from blackbearperformance.com and do it yourself.. Less then $550 shipped. Word on the street is it kills all other tunes :Handshake:

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Interesting, I grenaded the forward sprag around this time last year. Unfortunately for me the tahoe was out of warranty :emotions122:and I had to pay to play...$2300 later and I now have a trans that is bulletproof and built for my needs, makes me smile everytime I mash the go pedal.:driver:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
My '77 chirps when it shifts when I get on it but it doesn't have a computer to tune :rocking:
Get their AutoCal programmer/Tune from blackbearperformance.com and do it yourself.. Less then $550 shipped. Word on the street is it kills all other tunes :Handshake:

X2 on this :waytogo:

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Interesting, I grenaded the forward sprag around this time last year. Unfortunately for me the tahoe was out of warranty :emotions122:and I had to pay to play...$2300 later and I now have a trans that is bulletproof and built for my needs, makes me smile everytime I mash the go pedal.:driver:

Ouch :puke:! Which upgrade kit did you go with? Whoops should have read your specs in your sig!

Last edited:

pnap88p

Reaction score

2007 Tahoe graystone met.w/no chrome-CCM2.5/1"-completely debadged/demolded-Nitto 305/55/20-American Racing ATX Vice teflon-airaid filter box/custom 4" intake tube-JBA headers-Magnaflow catback-vette servo/sonnax 4th gear superhold-Beast sunshell-TransGoHD2-Circle-D 2600rpm converter-hardened input/output shafts-TruCool 30K-BlackBear tune-Powerbond udp-NGK TR55ix's-MSD wires-EliteEngineering oil catchcan-4.10's-6k lows/3k fogs-SSBC Big Brake kit/Hawk ceramic pads-Rancho RS9000X w/MyRide wireless..coming soon--FI. thats an awesome truck, you must be able to beat most casr around!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts