BB Tune + 'Vette Servo = Chirp Chirp Chirp :-)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
nice stuff, DTAILS!!!! :rocking: I'm getting ready to have my tranny serviced soon anyway so I may have the vette servo put in at that time! :waytogo: Hopefully the tune will be this fall.....

what mileage do you plan on doing that at Jacob?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
What mileage on the servo or the tune?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
your servicing... even I picked up on that one! :emotions122:

untitled3.jpg

I'll be turning 120k in the near future. The prior owner did it around 60k so I figure it's close to time.

Zed 71

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Really!? F....what happened?!?

Wife was driving the Tahoe around a corner ~15 mph (slow on the street), then she heard a big metalic BOOM. The revs rose and she just started to coast. She tried all forward and reverse gears - nothing.

It turns out the sprag that grabs the inner and outer races of the transmission became unattached. The dealer rebulit the transmission under warranty :). It seems like this is a common problem for the 4L60E - maybe a Friday build :shocked:? I would have paid to upgrade to Monster parts since they were tearing into it, but I could not have the truck down waiting for parts and install. It was up and running the next day.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Wife was driving the Tahoe around a corner ~15 mph (slow on the street), then she heard a big metalic BOOM. The revs rose and she just started to coast. She tried all forward and reverse gears - nothing.

It turns out the sprag that grabs the inner and outer races of the transmission became unattached. The dealer rebulit the transmission under warranty :). It seems like this is a common problem for the 4L60E - maybe a Friday build :shocked:? I would have paid to upgrade to Monster parts since they were tearing into it, but I could not have the truck down waiting for parts and install. It was up and running the next day.

so was the issue a result of of the vette servo or woulda happened anyway? :driver:

2 E L O

Full Access Member
Reaction score

This makes me wanna barf... Know how much the bill would have been without the warranty? My warranty expires in about 150 miles. :uhoh2:

OP
OP
D

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
so was the issue a result of of the vette servo or woulda happened anyway? :driver:

With these transmissions I'm guessing it would have happened anyway.

PS. My transmission had been rebuilt prior to my ownership and under warranty. It feels extremely strong as the previous owner had the rebuild include upgraded/performance parts according to paperwork. Have no idea what they are specifically, but cost was an additional $450 for the upgrade.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar