BB Tune + 'Vette Servo = Chirp Chirp Chirp :-)

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
yep, still a 3-ton brick moving thru the air....though now I sure do surprise alot of people, switching to a 26-28k stall torque converter made a huge improvement in getting this brick moving. All the specs are not in the sig. such as upgrading to a 5 pinion planetary and red alto clutches along with an additional 3rd gear clutch..etc. The trans shifts fast and smooth when just tooling around, but mash the go pedal and they are fast and firm, took about 3 months of logging and tweaking with EFILive to get it to my liking.

mturnerua

Reaction score
Question on this chirping. The servo alone won't make it chirp, it takes the tune also right? I would like to add the servo to have a little quicker shifting but not the chirping.

felixgun

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Question on this chirping. The servo alone won't make it chirp, it takes the tune also right? I would like to add the servo to have a little quicker shifting but not the chirping.

The BB Tune itself will give you the quicker shifting that you need :Handshake:

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score

The BB Tune itself will give you the quicker shifting that you need :Handshake:

...and any possible chirping will only occur on hard acceleration :waytogo:

InTruckDesign

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes the BB tune will/can make the shifts faster and firmer, but adding the 2nd gear servo does so mechanically and adds holding power to the 2nd clutch packs which will add some life to your trans.

OP
OP
D

DTAILS

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If you're towing anything then this mod will definitely be a benefit as it has for me ...... pull a 3k lb trailer just about everyday.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Thekenstar

Latest posts