Batteries- What do you run?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlackedOutHoe

Low & Slow
Reaction score
Morning all- The life of my battery is nearing the end sooner than I would like, which has prompted me to start shopping before I'm left stranded.

I'm currently looking to purchase an AGM battery as from the little research I've done seem to be a better buy in regards to ruggedness and dependability.

It seems Advanced Auto has the best pricing on their DieHard line of batteries. Is there any others that y'all have personal experience in/with?

PG01

Supporting Member
Reaction score
A lot of people love the agm optma’s but I remember reading somewhere that a few years back something changed within the company and their batteries were going to shit fast... I’m a diehard fan but I’m sure there are all made by Johnson controls or something like that.

RaiderRodney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had to replace one in another vehicle this spring and went with one of the Duracell AGM batteries from Batteries Plus Bulbs. I believe it was East Penn that supplies these so they should be good quality but time will tell if they are worth the premium price.

OP
OP
BlackedOutHoe

BlackedOutHoe

Low & Slow
Reaction score
A lot of people love the agm optma’s but I remember reading somewhere that a few years back something changed within the company and their batteries were going to shit fast... I’m a diehard fan but I’m sure there are all made by Johnson controls or something like that.

I also remember reading the same. I was looking at Interstate, Autozone, Advanced, etc. I have a Walmart battery now but have had nothing but problems with them.

watuzi

Reaction score
Just get the Costco ones, they have a 42-month warranty on them. Just exchange the battery before the warranty expires, and you're good to go. Just don't forget to return them before the warranty expires as I did.:oops:

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Morning all- The life of my battery is nearing the end sooner than I would like, which has prompted me to start shopping before I'm left stranded.

I'm currently looking to purchase an AGM battery as from the little research I've done seem to be a better buy in regards to ruggedness and dependability.

It seems Advanced Auto has the best pricing on their DieHard line of batteries. Is there any others that y'all have personal experience in/with?

https://www.tahoeyukonforum.com/threads/extending-battery-life.117296/#post-1420841

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I have a optima yellow top & used them on multiple occasions since 2010 with no issues. Main purpose for having car Audio amps. Truck always starts right up even in the dead of winter here in NY. Currently @ the 5 1/2 year mark in my 2001

Tonyv__

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I use optima yellow top. But I also heard down the grapevine that they are not what they used to be.. however the one on my van is about 4 years old now and still powering a ton of accessories and a subwoofer

I don’t actually know what to buy for my Yukon when the time comes. No aftermarket audio system or accessories. So probably not gonna spend the money on an optima for this vehicle

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Pepper1700