Batteries- What do you run?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

mpope2

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Exide produces the new Diehard line at Advance. These aren’t the same as the old Sears line minus the namesake. Most stuff JC and East Penn produce are good stuff. Anything Exide produces is trash.

drakon543

Full Access Member
Reaction score

Sent from my iPhone using Tapatalk
really like that guys channel.
back to the thread question
i generally just go to advance auto and buy the premium version of whatever store brand they carry. they have a decent warranty period but ive never had to use it.

Bob2C

Full Access Member
Reaction score
really like that guys channel.
back to the thread question
i generally just go to advance auto and buy the premium version of whatever store brand they carry. they have a decent warranty period but ive never had to use it.
I had their silver battery in on e of my other cars for 4 years. I just changed it out because I didn’t want to get stuck anywhere. There were no issues with it. Warranty was only 2. I decided to get the Walmart ever start max.

OP
OP
BlackedOutHoe

BlackedOutHoe

Low & Slow
Reaction score
I had their silver battery in on e of my other cars for 4 years. I just changed it out because I didn’t want to get stuck anywhere. There were no issues with it. Warranty was only 2. I decided to get the Walmart ever start max.

I've had Walmart's Maxx and have had them warrantied multiple times with not so great luck. Hope yours is better than mine.

OP
OP
BlackedOutHoe

BlackedOutHoe

Low & Slow
Reaction score
Ok. Good to know.

At the time I was also running huge stereo's , and this was before I did the big 3 upgrade. But, it was enough to make me not want to run them again, hence the thread lol.

Jason in DLH

Cheeseburger and Fries
Reaction score
I went with a Duralast for about $200.

8537F835-CD76-47B5-96D5-17EA2DF3D6F4.jpeg

This one was a tad longer than the battery tray (width is perfect) so I used a sawzall and cut the tray in order to bend the retaining part back a bit, then sprayed the tray with primer and paint to ward off rust. Have a little more CCA now though.

Teamiez

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not worth thinking about $100 in savings when it comes down to you wanting your vehicle to start, AGM is the best kind, and I trust optima more then ‘duracrap’ any day. No maintenance needed & will outlast a overpriced store brand acid battery.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I've been running Super Start Extremes for years now and have only had one issue where I got a battery from a bad lot. O'Reilly exchanged it for free with no questions asked. They have a 3 year warranty on them and usually last 4 -5 years for me.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
thomase1269

Latest posts