Ordering Delays...What would you do?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Reaction score
So can anyone confirm that all the 2021 Yukons are 50 state emission compliant and not 49 state.
I know in the past some cars were
made with special versions designed to meet California requirements? Last thing I want is to buy an out of state car and realize it can’t be registered here.

In the Corvette world, many Californians purchase theirs from out of state from places like Ohio, Maryland, New Hampshire, and New Jersey for the most part and have them shipped.

Anyway, I know mine is a Tahoe, but I believe they all (Tahoes, Yukons and Escalades) are manufactured to support 50 State emission requirements, unless specifically requested otherwise. Here's my "Certificate of Origin For A Vehicle" that shows it. I'm sure any dealer you might work with can tell you too.

Certificate of Origin.jpg

Last edited:
OP
OP
J

Jumbo

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Thank you, that's very helpful. The one I found at the dealer 1000miles away just sold. Man, you've got to move quick on these.

So I'm back leaning towards just ordering and waiting. The closest dealer to me just put in the order today and did not require a deposit. He was open about the fact that he has no idea when it will be picked up for production.

So anyone have any advice about why I should or should not put an order with another dealer and see which vehicle comes first? Will the second order get denied if it is under the same name/address as the other order? I don't think the dealer that I don't buy from will care that much since these are going so fast.

MJenn76

Reaction score
I ordered my Denali Ultimate package from Dealer in Michigan September 9th. I was told possibly late January early February but realistically between Christmas and NY. GM accepted the order November 1 with a Target Production Week of 12/7... both dealer and chat didn't have any updates today

captain

Reaction score
Another question / concern in this scenario:

If you live in CA and buy out of state. Will you have the same warranty protection and lemon laws as if you bought in CA? Which states lemon laws are applied? The buyers or sellers state?

MJenn76

Reaction score
Another question / concern in this scenario:

If you live in CA and buy out of state. Will you have the same warranty protection and lemon laws as if you bought in CA? Which states lemon laws are applied? The buyers or sellers state?
Sellers state for lemon laws. Cant hold a business in another state, conducting business in that state liable in your state.

Sent from my SM-G973U using Tapatalk

captain

Reaction score
Sellers state for lemon laws. Cant hold a business in another state, conducting business in that state liable in your state.

Sorry if off topic, but what if it's CPO, originally sold and titled out of state, then resold by a dealer in the state of CA? What states lemon laws would apply?

MJenn76

Reaction score
Sorry if off topic, but what if it's CPO, originally sold and titled out of state, then resold by a dealer in the state of CA? What states lemon laws would apply?
California at that point. You couldn't go after the previous owner or dealership... well you could but your lawyer would be wasting their time.

B520044

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I would hold off ordering and wait until quality improves. At least a 2022 model year. Just some advice from an original owner back in July.

Reaction score
So can anyone confirm that all the 2021 Yukons are 50 state emission compliant and not 49 state.
I know in the past some cars were
made with special versions designed to meet California requirements? Last thing I want is to buy an out of state car and realize it can’t be registered here.
It just depends on what the dealer ordered. I've attached an excerpt from the 2021 Yukon Ordering Guide that has the various (RPO Codes) options dealers have when ordering. My experience has been that every vehicle I've purchased here in Oklahoma anyway has had the 50 State Emissions. Maybe they have to order them that way here, I don't know.
Emissions.jpg Emissions2.jpg Certificate of Origin.jpg

Last edited:

Obravada

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Ordered my 2021 Yukon Denali on Oct 8th, truck was built the week of Nov 29th, I got the VIN number on Dec 11th, checked on delivery status on Dec 14th and was told I may have vehicle by mid January....a little over 3 months since it was ordered. Vehicle has to go by rail from Texas to the Northeast. Then it is trucked to dealership in Connecticut.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Icyagent