Autoride suspension help

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

avalonandl

Full Access Member
Reaction score
You should have received a new RELAY with your pump, its a gray box with plugs. August 2019....

Mine came with one.

I replaced my shocks this past summer after I figurd I had a blown bag on one of them.

OP
OP
B

BH1989

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Any update?

So I un-hooked the air line today. After plugging the air line back in, shocks were obviously empty. Turn key to on position and the compressor fired up after about 5 seconds or so. I will know more when I try and start it later. From my understanding the compressor should cycle on every time the key is turned on correct?

OP
OP
B

BH1989

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I will also have another new compressor delivered later today I can test against the first new one I have installed.

OP
OP
B

BH1989

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
You should have received a new RELAY with your pump, its a gray box with plugs. August 2019....

Mine came with one.

I replaced my shocks this past summer after I figured I had a blown bag on one of them.

I re checked the box, No new relay. I will see if the replacement compressor that comes today has one.

Foggy

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The compressor doesn't always run on start up... Only if it needs to
to satisfy the ride height sensors.. So don't assume something is wrong if
if it doesn't run on start up

wsteele

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So I un-hooked the air line today. After plugging the air line back in, shocks were obviously empty. Turn key to on position and the compressor fired up after about 5 seconds or so. I will know more when I try and start it later. From my understanding the compressor should cycle on every time the key is turned on correct?

Mine has always run for 2-3 seconds on its first cold start of the day.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The compressor doesn't always run on start up... Only if it needs to
to satisfy the ride height sensors.. So don't assume something is wrong if
if it doesn't run on start up
it should run each time you cycle the key even it's on/off on/off, there was a single tsb that stated it "might" not run each time and that tsb did not provide any further details, in most cases if it is not running each time then something is wrong, most likely the relief valve not working, the relief valve should release some air each time before the pump kicks on.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
if you monitor the pump with a tech2 you can see the pressure drop right before the pump kicks on and if you are near the pump you should hear it exhale then kick on, if the vehicle is unloaded it should inflate to around 20-25 psi. if you cycle the key again quickly it may then release some air inflate and to around 30-35, if you wait a bit and do it again instead of quickly cycling the key it should stay at around 20-25 psi. I have tested the heck out of mine when I was trying to figure what the hell was wrong, one stupid pump would give bad readings with air reading anywhere from 0-180psi (had a bad sensor inside) and it did not inflate each time like it should, the next pump leaked air, finally on my 3rd pump it works properly.