Intermittent Service Suspension C0696 Code

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bmwme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2007 LtZ with autoride. Replaced rear shocks with reman Arnott units and a new air pump last winter. So about two weeks ago the Service Suspension messages came back on and the air pump didn't turn on so I thought it died. I was pissed but I wanted to scan the code. Went to my friends shop and it wouldn't even communicate with the system. So I checked fuses and the 30amp fuse for a the ASC system was blown. Wow great easy fix! Pump kicks on which is great but still says Check Suspension. But now I can get code C0696 which is "over volt" for the LR ride height sensor. I went into the graph section and saw the read voltage rage for each ride sensor. Fronts are around .25v, right rear is .03v and left rear is .076v. None of them change when I manually move the sensor arm.

Anyway now 50% of the time when I start her the message pops up, and 50% of the time it doesn't turn on right away it pops up as I drive. Wtf? Loose wire somewhere? Has anyone had a similar problem that can point me in a direction?

OP
OP
B

bmwme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Still getting this intermittently. Any ideas?

OP
OP
B

bmwme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Okay so this has turned into a full time code. Dead suspension. Nothing. These Chevy's are a POS!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Any suggestions on where to start with diagnostics?

OP
OP
B

bmwme

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well I did not get any help on this from the forum...but it was figured out between me and a local shop.

It ended up being a faulty suspension control module. This module, while commonly indicated to be located behind the passenger side rear fender liner was above the spare tire like the Suburban.

Shop purchased one used for $150 and installed it for just an hour labor. Rear level and electronic suspension system are back working.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Doc52