Autoride struts

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

wjburken

Supporting Member
Reaction score

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Always heard good things about Arnott stuff I wouldn’t hesitate to run it.

OP
OP
T

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If these are $275 each, why do people go crazy with regular shocks, and playing with resistors, and trying to undo $10zillion dollars worth of GM engineering ??

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
If these are $275 each, why do people go crazy with regular shocks, and playing with resistors, and trying to undo $10zillion dollars worth of GM engineering ??

Because for essentially the same price for all 4 corners you can get traditional dampeners and simulators and not have to deal with the magnetic dampening failing.

OP
OP
T

the blur

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Because for essentially the same price for all 4 corners you can get traditional dampeners and simulators and not have to deal with the magnetic dampening failing.

Traditional dampeners fail too. Even my LS truck, I had to replace all 4 corners. Granted, I had a bigger selection to choose from, but only once in the lifetime of a truck are you replacing shocks & struts.

mb1500

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yes of course they fail. OEM equipment especially there are vehicles with leaking shocks right off the showroom floor.

But you can run Bilstein or other quality components for a fraction of the price.

These magnaride shocks are failing at like 50k or less, so if you plan to keep it a while you could be replacing them multiple times over the ownership of the vehicle.

Geotrash

Dave
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Yes of course they fail. OEM equipment especially there are vehicles with leaking shocks right off the showroom floor.

But you can run Bilstein or other quality components for a fraction of the price.

These magnaride shocks are failing at like 50k or less, so if you plan to keep it a while you could be replacing them multiple times over the ownership of the vehicle.
That hasn’t been my experience. The fronts on my ‘07 have 210k on them and my original rears on my ‘12 lasted for 117k. Still has the original fronts. That’s about as long as conventional shocks and struts will last, too. I find the factory autoride system great for handling and towing, and with rock auto selling the OEM parts for less than $250/corner, I see no reason to go aftermarket for my purposes. The only reason I’d go aftermarket would be for a significant lift.

Sent from my iPad using Tapatalk

Lalo

Reaction score
On the 2015 and up Magnaride the strut is $350-$450 each and you have to reuse your old springs , mine failed after 40K miles and rode like crap , replaced with KYB struts and springs already mounted and added some resistors , the truck has never run better and for only $140 each , and from what I read on these forums the original mag ride struts seem to leak after 40-50K miles ,

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
mitchievu