Austinite's 07 Escalade Blacked Out on 35s Build

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Tonyrodz

Resident Resident
Reaction score
The Install of the 10.4" Vertical Screen Tesla 1024*768 Android Car DVD GPS Navigation Radio RAM 2GB 4 Core was a little more difficult than I was hoping. I don't think the brackets for the one that I bought were designed to fit an Escalade like the description indicated. I found another listing that popped up shortly after mine arrived that had brackets that looked like they were the right ones. So I had to come up with some jankity brackets that would work. You also have to cannibalize your stock stereo since it works in conjunction with the Android unit. I eventually got it to fit properly and look good, but it was a PIA. And most of the instructions were written in broken english. It is a pretty cool unit though and looks awesome. If anyone is looking into getting one, send me a PM and I'll try to steer you in the right direction.

Escalade_10-4_Tesla_Style_Android_Screen_Install-2.jpg
Escalade_10-4_Tesla_Style_Android_Screen_Install-3.jpg
e_10-4_Tesla_Style_Android_Screen_Install-Waze_App.jpg
7_Escalade_10-4_Tesla_Style_Android_Screen_Install.jpg
Came out great. I'd love to do this to my nbs.

Fosscore

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice change out to the Esky. Yes, better dig deep for the mod monies. Audio install looks great and nice pin stripe delete. Interested to see how you move forward. Guess it's time to add to your sig pic now. :thumbsup:

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Nice change out to the Esky. Yes, better dig deep for the mod monies. Audio install looks great and nice pin stripe delete. Interested to see how you move forward. Guess it's time to add to your sig pic now. :thumbsup:
Haha, thanks! And yep, so much to do and so little time.

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
The Install of the 10.4" Vertical Screen Tesla 1024*768 Android Car DVD GPS Navigation Radio RAM 2GB 4 Core was a little more difficult than I was hoping. I don't think the brackets for the one that I bought were designed to fit an Escalade like the description indicated. I found another listing that popped up shortly after mine arrived that had brackets that looked like they were the right ones. So I had to come up with some jankity brackets that would work. You also have to cannibalize your stock stereo since it works in conjunction with the Android unit. I eventually got it to fit properly and look good, but it was a PIA. And most of the instructions were written in broken english. It is a pretty cool unit though and looks awesome. If anyone is looking into getting one, send me a PM and I'll try to steer you in the right direction.

Escalade_10-4_Tesla_Style_Android_Screen_Install-2.jpg
Escalade_10-4_Tesla_Style_Android_Screen_Install-3.jpg
e_10-4_Tesla_Style_Android_Screen_Install-Waze_App.jpg
7_Escalade_10-4_Tesla_Style_Android_Screen_Install.jpg
One of the coolest interior mods I've ever seen

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
One of the coolest interior mods I've ever seen

Well thanks man! I wish I could take more credit for it, but really it's those guys in China that designed the sucker. I kinda wish it was more of a semi-matte finish to match the rest of the control panels, but overall I dig it.

Onebad1983

Resident Country Dumbass
Reaction score
Well thanks man! I wish I could take more credit for it, but really it's those guys in China that designed the sucker. I kinda wish it was more of a semi-matte finish to match the rest of the control panels, but overall I dig it.
Maybe instead of semi-matte you could wrap it or paint it to match the wood grain?

OP
OP
Austinite

Austinite

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Finally got the new black mesh grill installed. Went ahead and added the newer 2015 Escalade style emblem to it too. Removing the old grill was kind of a PIA too. Had to take off the entire front bumper. I tried my hand at some vinyl to cover the chrome hood trim piece and it came out terrible. I'll re-do it when i get some time, but it'e good enough for government work right now. I'm gonna black out the headlights and tint the fog lights as soon as it warms up here in Austin too. And maybe black out the chrome on the new emblem.

Before:

2007_Escalade_OEM_Grill-1.jpg
2007_Escalade_OEM_Grill-2.jpg

After:

ade_Black_Grill_with_2015_Emblem_Vinyl_hood_trim-1.jpg
ade_Black_Grill_with_2015_Emblem_Vinyl_hood_trim-2.jpg

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts