Anyone look at jumping to the new platform or you waiting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Racie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, I'm actually thinking about selling my beast and playing with the new platform. I wouldn't mind peace and quiet for a bit lol...I've seen all the issues on the 5.3 lifters etc but I'm even looking at the diesel just for the mileage advantage. If I do the the 5.3 I may play with it a little but it won't be as violent and in your face as my Escalade. I really like the white RST packages or the Black LT's with the light interiors the Yukons are ok as well. Just curious what you guys think as well on the 2021's....

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, I'm actually thinking about selling my beast and playing with the new platform. I wouldn't mind peace and quiet for a bit lol...I've seen all the issues on the 5.3 lifters etc but I'm even looking at the diesel just for the mileage advantage. If I do the the 5.3 I may play with it a little but it won't be as violent and in your face as my Escalade. I really like the white RST packages or the Black LT's with the light interiors the Yukons are ok as well. Just curious what you guys think as well on the 2021's....
My daddy taught me to never buy a first year model as all the bugs aren't ironed out of them yet. These new rigs are awesome but they have some bugs that are being worked on. I'd wait a year or two at least even though a diesel 1/2 ton is right up my alley!

Last edited:
OP
OP
Racie

Racie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Yea i have only bought a couple first years and so far I guess I have been luck...09' ZR-1, 19' Denali 1500, and I believe the 2nd gen CTS-V. But that has always been a common theme I've heard.

noob

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I want the new Escalade, but I'm waiting to see what other problems besides the lifters will be found. I'm giving myself till 2023 to replace my 17 Escalade, I don't like buying the first 1-2 years of a car model.

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about it, but the cost differential (even discounting out the current shortage situation) does not seem financially reasonable. At the beginning of the model year, I was quoted a $20K trade difference between my 2019 Suburban LT (which then had 15K miles) and a comparably equipped 2021 Suburban LT. Today, the difference is even more because while trade values have increased, the dealer ADM has increased even more above MSRP.

OP
OP
Racie

Racie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I thought about it, but the cost differential (even discounting out the current shortage situation) does not seem financially reasonable. At the beginning of the model year, I was quoted a $20K trade difference between my 2019 Suburban LT (which then had 15K miles) and a comparably equipped 2021 Suburban LT. Today, the difference is even more because while trade values have increased, the dealer ADM has increased even more above MSRP.
Yea I can see that at some dealers for sure. But I have found a few dealers selling RST’s and LT Tahoe’s for 58-62k but the Yukon’s are about 65 and up. The car market is almost like the housing market here in Texas. You can make damn near double your money selling your home right now but where you gonna go? The homes are behind on new builds and people are marking those prices sky high as well.

RB_Trucker

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not Planning on it yet, A big reason I got my 2019 LT 4x4 Suburban was knowing there is a massive platform change… especially to IFS. Me and the wife loved the New suburban though it is massive even compared to my 2019 and 1990 v2500. The Z71 checked all the boxes.

I’ll wait a few more years and wait for the kinks to be worked out.

Jeff_

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every time I am driving behind a new Tahoe/Suburban I notice 2 things instantly.
1. The rounded body lines look ugly (in my opinion) like a stretched minivan.
2. The independent rear suspension hangs so low. Those lower control arms look like they're ready to get snagged on just about everything.

So no way I'm jumping to that platform - impractical for any rough terrain etc.
I'll keep this Tahoe.

Pivot

Full Access Member
Reaction score
The 21 is the first generation where I like the Escalade more than the Denali - the black trimmed versions (Sport?) to be exact. But I have plenty of time left with my current truck - I'd prob go for a 2022-24 in 2024-26 or something of that nature. They are pretty; that's for sure.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Ihaveatahoetoo

Latest posts