Anyone look at jumping to the new platform or you waiting?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bigdog9191999

Full Access Member
Reaction score
i haven't been in too many of the newest body, but my experience so far is that i like the dash and layout, and not minding the looks too much, but i havent found a seating configuration that i like yet. i much prefer my 99-06 interior for room and comfort.

Reaction score
Every time I am driving behind a new Tahoe/Suburban I notice 2 things instantly.
1. The rounded body lines look ugly (in my opinion) like a stretched minivan.
2. The independent rear suspension hangs so low. Those lower control arms look like they're ready to get snagged on just about everything.

So no way I'm jumping to that platform - impractical for any rough terrain etc.
I'll keep this Tahoe.
Exactly. Aside from all the first-model-year issues it's suffering from, all three look like minivans from the side/profile. The word "neutered" is what keeps coming to mind when I see them on the road. It's like a minivan masquerading as an SUV.

pwtr02ss

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I bought a 19 Denali when I thought that was going to be the last year. Reading on here in the beginning of 15 body style made me for sure not want a full redesign. Those new Escalades look awesome though. Be a while before I change. Hope mine holds up well

Philpug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I don't understand when something being "minivan like" became a slam against a SUV? Is it a threat against your masculinity? Minivans are some of the most space efficient vehicles offered.

For me it's the money, I cannot justify spending twice what I just paid for my 2018 w/34K on it.

OP
OP
Racie

Racie

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Every time I am driving behind a new Tahoe/Suburban I notice 2 things instantly.
1. The rounded body lines look ugly (in my opinion) like a stretched minivan.
2. The independent rear suspension hangs so low. Those lower control arms look like they're ready to get snagged on just about everything.

So no way I'm jumping to that platform - impractical for any rough terrain etc.
I'll keep this Tahoe.
Man to be honest I noticed both of those points when it first came out...

Rdr854

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Having had a 2008 Suburban, my initial reaction to the 2015 Suburban was that the front was ugly. Then like a lot of things, I got used to it and it was not so bad. I suspect in a year or so, the look of the current generation will grow on us.

skeee1

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I am waiting until the supposed Tahoe SS comes out. I have a 2018 Tahoe RST with the 6.2. I shipped my truck down to Puerto Rico 3 months ago from Boston, MA. I will buy on the mainland and then pay the import taxes. The dealers here gouge everyone. Can't believe how many Ferraris, Lamborghinis, etc... are here in PR. Roads are super horrendous. Worse than in NYC.

sealandsky

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just curious, I'm actually thinking about selling my beast and playing with the new platform. I wouldn't mind peace and quiet for a bit lol...I've seen all the issues on the 5.3 lifters etc but I'm even looking at the diesel just for the mileage advantage. If I do the the 5.3 I may play with it a little but it won't be as violent and in your face as my Escalade. I really like the white RST packages or the Black LT's with the light interiors the Yukons are ok as well. Just curious what you guys think as well on the 2021's....
Waiting... And may never go to the new platofrm. The new "global" computer system is whats keeping me away. No modes whatsoever, forever and never. Screw them.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Cbrpilot2