Any real problems with your truck?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

baron

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well, I asked a similar question over a year ago when I was getting my new to me 2007 Yukon, but I'm going to pose a similar one again. Long story short, I paid a decent bit of extra money for a very comprehensive extended warranty. Basically covers everything that isn't normal wear and tear with only 100 dollar deductible. As of yet *knock on wood* I haven't used it. I still haven't two more years of coverage left on it, I'm planning possibly trading in the Yukon in about a year, so I'm looking at canceling it. I might get about 1600 back if I do, but I'm not sure.

All that boils down to me trying to figure out if I gamble and get rid of it or keep it. How many of you have had issues that are non your standard wear and tear? Probably skip the issues that we might have put on ourselves by doing things outside the normal, everyday way these were intended to be used.

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
We've had our 07 for almost a year now and no major problems...

thirsty1258

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 07 has 77k I've only out about 1500 on it but no mechanical issues.

sent from my thunderbolt

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
The only problem that required warranty work that I've had on my 09 HyHoe (19k miles) is one of the two electric defogger connectors became unstuck on my rear window. Sounds like a small deal but it isn't ... it can't just be re-soldered, they have to apparently replace the whole rear window. I'll have them do it on the next scheduled service.

Other than that no issues.

Sheriff

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Excuse me.... Murphy's Law.

If you cancel it, you will need it.

If you keep it, you won't need it.

Bottom line during the life of an extended warranty, it's just a legalized form of gambling. The seller of an extended warranty is betting you will never need the extended coverage, you are betting you will.

Green Machine

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've had my Tahoe Hybrid for about 2 months (bought it used). In the first month, a door actuator failed. I also noticed that the top edges of the door mouldings were weathering. Other than it's been great. I inherited an extended warranty and I plan on keeping it.

edgaranah1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
5 years with my kon on d 4th of november and no mechanical issues whatsoever. I did get the inside door handles replaced as the chrome cover was peeling. Thats it. It has 71k miles

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danepfalgout