Any other '98 hoes out there? Tell us what you have

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

ThatLifeGuard97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just did a flowmaster 40 series delta flow today and I am so happy with the result. Anyone have any suggestions to what should be done next?

OP
OP
ThatLifeGuard97

ThatLifeGuard97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Nice to meet you David! I got a swapped 350 in my hoe. It took alot of money to replace the transfer case in mine! Do you know any further troubles I should Have?

Todd R

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I have a 99 4dr LT old body style basically a 98. It's has 240 on the body and frame which is pretty much rust free. Surprisingly in the Midwest. I bought it with cracked heads for 500. I put some iron Summit Vortec heads on it, Chevrolet Performance LT-4 cam, Pacesetter LT headers, new Melling high volume oil pump, Melling hydraulic lifters, and stamped roller rockers. Stayed with 1.5 . Upgraded the FI. to the MPFI over the OE spider. My issue is routing my 3" cat free exhaust with the long tubes and side tank on the 4 door 4 wheel drive. Has anyone switched to the rear tank like the 2 door? If so what was the fabrication needed if any? Haven't dug into that yet. Thanks. I could help anyone with work that I've completed.

TahoeDrifteR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a 98 2wd 4dr with 308k miles. Only problems I've had are intake gasket and 4L60e's.
It's on its 4th counting the one that came with it new.
The spider injector is another potential problem area. Mine is somehow original with all the miles, but a lot of people have replaced theirs before 200k it seems.

OP
OP
ThatLifeGuard97

ThatLifeGuard97

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
I've got a 98 2wd 4dr with 308k miles. Only problems I've had are intake gasket and 4L60e's.
It's on its 4th counting the one that came with it new.
The spider injector is another potential problem area. Mine is somehow original with all the miles, but a lot of people have replaced theirs before 200k it seems.
I replaced my spider injector 20 000kms ago. It is a good thing to upgrade for general reliability.

TahoeDrifteR

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Mine has admittedly been sitting for a few years while I've been trying to build a 94 Camaro.
It needs another intake gasket, possibly head gaskets/heads checked, the spider and 0² sensors.
I've recently decided to put the Camaro on hold and find a complete 5.3 and LS swap it. It probably won't cost much more, especially considering a revised spider is $400 by itself.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Benito r

Latest posts