Any Apple Car Play Experts Out There? - New

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
my 18 will play music app's and new's, etc (app's on radio) and update at least radio software via my hotspot i put in the glove box, it performs the same function as the built in 4g would, only my hotspot is free to me no charge. onstar initially told me it would not work but after pressing them about it they acknowledge that it would in fact work with a hotspot or any other available wifi signal. I do not know if it updates any vehicle software or not I don't think that was really a option on the k2's the software update checker does not specify. I see no reason why a 2016 would not do the exact same functions unless it has a older io3/4/5 without the same software as io6
I have not seen an update notification from my 2019 model, since I've owned it from December of 2019 until today. But I do have it connected to my home Wi-Fi.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I have not seen an update notification from my 2019 model, since I've owned it from December of 2019 until today. But I do have it connected to my home Wi-Fi.
I have once or twice it happens pretty quickly, just flashes on the screen briefly and it's finished. I think it is just updates to the app's on the radio

Sam Harris

Supporting Member
Reaction score
The wired connection is a PITA. ANY lint , from your pocket, etc gets in there and causes disconnection. Try cleaning it out with come canned air and a toothpick. Don’t use anything metallic. And be fairly gentle, there are 8 or 10 tiny connectors in there. I’ve had this issue for years, and thought it was all cleaned out, tried many new cables, and it might work for a bit and then quit again. Finally figured out it was 100% pocket lint causing all my problems. This may solve the majority of your issues. Get a light in there as well, to make sure it’s completely clear of anything.

BlaineBug

Full Access Member
Reaction score
My 15 only has 63k miles. My starter went. Tail light LED failure on my driver side. Battery cable corroded from the inside out. Passenger hub went…. All seem to be Common issues.

The wired connection is a PITA. ANY lint , from your pocket, etc gets in there and causes disconnection. Try cleaning it out with come canned air and a toothpick. Don’t use anything metallic. And be fairly gentle, there are 8 or 10 tiny connectors in there. I’ve had this issue for years, and thought it was all cleaned out, tried many new cables, and it might work for a bit and then quit again. Finally figured out it was 100% pocket lint causing all my problems. This may solve the majority of your issues. Get a light in there as well, to make sure it’s completely clear of anything.

I knew a guy who bought a brand new $600 iPhone because his charging port was full of pocket lint.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Franny