Another one to the list

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

timinsk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
General want: 350-400hp/tq

Options:
1) 5.3 supercharged w/ built or replaced transmission (currently 4l60e)
2) 6.0 w/ built or replaced transmission

Current:
5.3L 4x4 3.42 125k miles

Current Mods:
Ram Intake

I'd love other options and insight if possible. You can be harsh Id rather know as much as I'm missing to see as possible so I can be on the same page as all of you.

Now when options are posted here give detailed reasons and insight not just posting 5.3 build or 6.0

This is my weekend truck as I drive a company vehicle all week for my general work.

Physh1

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I'm going to assume you want rwhp?

I agree it can easily be done with a cam/spring/rocker swap. Go further with a tc, gears, long tubes, & a tune you'll be rolling. I'd also consider a port/polish on your heads.

Cameron

OP
OP
T

timinsk

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Awesome thanks for the input. Any recommendations on cams, stock heads good enough when port polish, beehive springs with .5" rise with new rockers? Ill probably go shorties for clearance and ease. Now to find a tuner shop near me.

Isnt stock 05 5.3 260hp and tq? A cam alone doesnt seem itll honestly bump up that muh 30 at most

Z-56 Hoe

What do I do????
Reaction score
No do not do Shorty headers, these LS engines do not really get anything outta them, LT Headers are so much better! also look into Pack 1518 springs! Also look at the heads off of a 4.8L they are smaller and flow better!

Last edited:

JennaBear

Resident Ninja
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Cam/LTs/tune would do you quite well, close to the 400 marker. A supercharger would get you the down low TQ needed to get the beast off the line.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
danepfalgout