another BB tune ordered

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
no my truck didnt need the crank relearn because its a 96, idk when they started needing to do that

---------- Post added at 12:12 AM ---------- Previous post was at 12:10 AM ----------

from what ive read, over the first week or two the computer basicly learns the truck so it takes a couple weeks to get the full benifit of the tune

Ya, your right. I have read somewhere on here that a 96 doesn't need the crank relearn...Sorry for asking.:(

Mine needed a good month to really feel out what I think is the full effect of the tune. You notice the difference imediately of course, but the subtle differences in shifting, power bands, etc took me a good month or so to feel out the performance characteristics of the truck. :)

OP
OP
K

keruzam93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Ya, your right. I have read somewhere on here that a 96 doesn't need the crank relearn...Sorry for asking.:(

Mine needed a good month to really feel out what I think is the full effect of the tune. You notice the difference imediately of course, but the subtle differences in shifting, power bands, etc took me a good month or so to feel out the performance characteristics of the truck. :)

were all here to ask and answer questions so why apologize for asking? lol

and i felt the shiftin difference immediately and its definatly got more pickup, but today i got on the expressway and i noticed that the truck is more hesitant than usual once i hit about 80mph, i hope this is because the truck and computer are still learning each other and it will get better over time.

ps if someone from BBP reads this can you get back to me if you know what the problem is?

Danny_Z56

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ what do you mean "more hesitant than usual" once you hit 80mph?

Like you're going 80mph and punch it and it don't take off like it used to? or...you put the hammer down,hit around 80mph and she started to fall flat and not keep pulling like it used to?

OP
OP
K

keruzam93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
im not sure how to explain it yet i only got up to 80 twice since i got it theres not many places that i can do that so i only do if im goin somwere that takes me down some country roads, or the thruway when its not busy so il have to go for a drive sometime and see what if feels like better, the best i can explain it is at like 75-100% throttle the truck picks up a hell of alot faster then it used to from 0-80 once it hits 80 the acceleration feels alot more sluggish than it was at 80 before i got the tune it just doesnt feel right. im goin out of town next week and im not driving my truck so after next week il go for a drive and see if i can feel it out so i can explain it better

99Yuk

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Mine kinda does that too.. Runs out of steam at the top end of the RPM spectrum... It's kinda counter intuitive but if I back off the throttle just a little bit it picks up and goes again. An example is that if I hold it Wide Open Throttle from a stop, then it runs out of steam in each gear and the tune holds each gear longer that stock, so it kinda sucks for outright acceleration. So I've learned to push to the floor until I can feel it loose steam, then back off a bit, and then it goes like stink all over again, jam the pedal to the floor again, repeat. Happens when I want to pass someone on the Hwy too.

IDK. It started happening after the tune. I thought it was the new normal, just a part of learning how the truck runs now. Who knew that I can go faster if I pulse the throttle vs jamming it to the floor?

OP
OP
K

keruzam93

Full Access Member
Reaction score
^ il have to try that, maybe its just how it is, i hope its not a big problem because i dont see the point of getting the speed limiter that was at 100 removed if i cant get passed 80 anymore haha

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
1st tahoe