Another 2/3-4 07 up truck. Before/after pics

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

johnsoex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not to hickjack, but I'm having the BT 2-3/4 drop and sway bars you sold me installed on Friday and the 22"s and 285/45/22's on Saturday. Do I need to have my installer cut the bump stops out for the free travel mod? I ocassionaly tow a 4000-4500 lb boat. Or should I just have him trim them down a bit? It's a 08 LTZ with auto ride.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
Not to hickjack, but I'm having the BT 2-3/4 drop and sway bars you sold me installed on Friday and the 22"s and 285/45/22's on Saturday. Do I need to have my installer cut the bump stops out for the free travel mod? I ocassionaly tow a 4000-4500 lb boat. Or should I just have him trim them down a bit? It's a 08 LTZ with auto ride.

if you ahve autoride the rear should pick up and you will be ok.

KMeloney

Full Access Member
Reaction score
if you ahve autoride the rear should pick up and you will be ok.

But the ride will be a lot stiffer...

The trick will be getting the autoride links to a length where they ONLY air up the rear when you're towing your trailer.

OP
OP
NORCAL SS

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
But the ride will be a lot stiffer...

The trick will be getting the autoride links to a length where they ONLY air up the rear when you're towing your trailer.

that is easy with no spacers in and autoride links set to 2.5 inches I have a few guys that tow and works fine.

johnsoex

Full Access Member
Reaction score
2.5 inches including the end pieces, in between the end pieces or from center to center of the holes in the end pieces?

RoliO

Full Access Member
Reaction score
that is easy with no spacers in and autoride links set to 2.5 inches I have a few guys that tow and works fine.

You guys are worrying me with this spacers in and out talk. :pshyco: I will never tow anything with my Tahoe. NorCalSS and KMelony I know I have been emailing you both about this kit in question. Thanks for your advice to. But just to be clear...when I get my kit installed I am going to tell the installer to put the rear spacer in and set the links at 3" from center/center so i can sit slightly higher in back. I'm assuming the front end portion of this kit is only done 1 way so there is nothing to tinker with? I'd like to drop it as much as the kit will allow and have the rear slightly higher and the autoride not air back up. Sorry if these questions sound dumb on my end. I haven't received the kit yet so maybe once I get it and read the destructions :D it will make sense.

Last edited:

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
k09viper