Android Lollipop 5.0 Upgrade - Intellilink Bluetooth Issues

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

jmitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Has anyone else recently updated from the Android Kitkat to the latest Lollipop 5.0 and had issues with the Intellilink Bluetooth.

I have a Galaxy S5 and my update just ran last night and I'm regretting doing it. This morning the phone connected to the vehicle automatically but disconnected and reconnected about 10 times on the way to work in a matter of 15 minutes. I tried removing the phone from the paired list on the Intellilink as well as removing the vehicle from my phone bluetooth list. Repaired and reconnected. Did that twice and still the connection is dropping and connecting.

I also have lost my text message functions. No texts are coming through the car now. Just yesterday with Kitkat it was working fine. Had this same issue with my S3 and ended up getting a new phone cause nothing worked. Got the S5 and it's been flawless until now. So frustrating.

Any ideas?

Lyon

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Have you tried: deleting the phone from the car, deleting the car from the phone. Then toggle Bluetooth off on the phone, count to 10, turn it back on, then sacrifice a young goat, and finally reconnect it all?

Also, I understand you can boot the phone in safe mode. Try that and see if it connects.

Also, the goat thing is optional but I did it once and it works so it probably helps.

OP
OP
jmitchell

jmitchell

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Lol....isn't that the truth! Software updates on platforms across the globe seem to come out way too early that they don't do enough QC upfront to work out the bugs before it's available to the public. Kinda sounds like our '15 suv's also!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
Off Road Pedia