Low volume/loudness when using Tahoe bluetooth

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fwtahoeman

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just took delivery of a 2023 Tahoe LT and the audio loudness from a bluetooth-connected phone seems very low. To be clearer, when my iPhone is connected via bluetooth to the vehicle, the call's audio is difficult to hear on the recipient side (not inside the vehicle). Looked at audio settings and saw the basics: fade, balance, equalizer. Yes, Ive checked the sound setting on the mobile device but it's pegged to the highest level in order to hear the call. Looked for microphone settings or something else I might have missed. Any ideas?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Last edited:

M91-NC

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Just took delivery of a 2023 Tahoe LT and the audio loudness from a bluetooth-connected phone seems very low. To be clearer, when my iPhone is connected via bluetooth to the vehicle, the call's audio is difficult to hear on the recipient side (not inside the vehicle). Looked at audio settings and saw the basics: fade, balance, equalizer. Yes, Ive checked the sound setting on the mobile device but it's pegged to the highest level in order to hear the call. Looked for microphone settings or something else I might have missed. Any ideas?
I’m experiencing the same issue. What did you do to resolve it?

WalleyeMikeIII

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I've never had this complaint when using my phone in my vheicle (I assume the person you are calling is complaining?)

Only suggestion I have is possibly take it in to dealer and then phone the dealer from your vehicle to demonstrate, then perhaps ask if you can duplicate the call on a different on the lot vehicle (Sierra, Silverado, Yukon, Escalade, etc).
Perhaps the Mic is bad?

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
my experience has been that some onboard mic's in gm vehicles are terrible and some are very good.
it could very well just be that the mic is not up to par
one feasable way to check would be a onstar call and see how well they can hear you just as a basic test
if they experience the same then it may be possible to "maybe" get the dealer to warranty it, just call them from the service bay so they can "verify" the issue.
just my .02

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
SDHanz