Alternative source for 8 to 6 pin Throttle Body adapter?

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

m1949

LS364/450
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a solution for converting from an 8 pin throttle body wire to a 6 pin? The off the shelf solution is to purchase a very expensive X-Link throttle body adapter. Does anyone know of a less expensive off-the-shelf adapter wire; or maybe a dyi conversion of the 8 pin wire? I've been told the original 8 pin wire can be converted, but I can't find any information explaining how.

iamdub

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Does anyone know of a solution for converting from an 8 pin throttle body wire to a 6 pin? The off the shelf solution is to purchase a very expensive X-Link throttle body adapter. Does anyone know of a less expensive off-the-shelf adapter wire; or maybe a dyi conversion of the 8 pin wire? I've been told the original 8 pin wire can be converted, but I can't find any information explaining how.

I looked around for a little bit but couldn't find anything definitive. I did read where someone said it wasn't a matter of simply re-pinning a harness. Even that could be old or not entirely true info. All I found was the same as you, the X-Link: http://torquerush.com/x-link.html