Airlift 1000 Installed on Lowered Hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bjeremi

bjeremi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HBR, perfect since. I realized why the lines were pinched when I went to install the spacers, I just didn't make surethe line slack was pulled out and the hoses were pretty pinched on both sides. Might have been fine without spacers/protectors. I put them in anyway hoping they would make up the difference for the bags.

Didn't do it though. Helped a little but bags still don't prevent the bag from dropping below 36" in the back with the boat on. Below 36" is past level with the front. I guess you might be right and the bags are just too short. Airlift did say these bags arent really designed to lift the back or at least they should one maybe a little.

Sucks a little but it's okay, will give me an excuse to lower the front a little.

I can always call airlift in the morning again and ask about taller bags.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
even with airbags front will lift. My truck when towing my ctsv levels out in rear as it sits without load but front sits up about 1.5 inches higher due to weight in the back.

just a heads up

OP
OP
bjeremi

bjeremi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
That sucks then northcal. The airlift helper bags I had on my 2door did an awesome job of adjusting the height of the back of the Tahoe with the boat load.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
the helper bags will lift the rear up but if your going to load the back of the truck up with a trailor the front will pick up also just the way it goes.

OP
OP
bjeremi

bjeremi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
So northcal even if I drop the front it's drop below level no matter what?

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
If you load the crap out of the rear sure the helper bags will bring it up but you have to understand the front of the truck will lift up also. but lets say your just looking to lower the frotn lets say 1 inch then the truck can come up 1 inch when you tow and you can air up the helper bags to make it sit about even.

OP
OP
bjeremi

bjeremi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Called airbag this morning and I think it's pretty much settled based on what northcal has advised and what they told me. When using these bags there is technically supposed to be a gap at the top and at the bottom. These bags aren't really supposed to lift the truck at all just push out and stiffen the ride some, preventing the truck from sqauting. One of the issues is that I think the McGauphy springs just don't work to well with these bags. I might be wrong but if these bags are designed to work by filling the space between the spring coils then the McGaughpy springs just don't have that many coils allowing for that to happen. So the "bulge" between the coils is bigger allowing for flex. I think I actually hurt the bag by putting in the "protector" as it prevented the bag from filling one of the "gaps" in the coil all of the way.

I could be wrong by all of this but of well. I asked the rep and she said I could go a little over 35psi which did help a little. So I will just deal with the slight Cali lean until I get the dop struts ordered and installed.

I have attacked too pictures to show what I am talking about with the coils. The first is the McGauphy springs and the second is one I pulled off this site showing the belltech.

Attachments

• IMG_0532.jpg
    IMG_0532.jpg
    85.5 KB · Views: 10
  • web.jpg
    web.jpg
    97.2 KB · Views: 11

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
belltechs spring rate is better on their springs this is why i just deal with them on these trucks for 2-4 inch rear drops .

best bet would be this to see if it works.

LIft the truck up so its off the ground and put 35psi in the bags then let it back down. Tell me how it sits then.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
agmanw8n