Airlift 1000 Installed on Lowered Hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

OP
OP
bjeremi

bjeremi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Sorry I haven't got the pics yet Rocky.

What I am thinking the problem is that when I feel the bags they are getting pinch and not properly filling. Since HBR says his raise his truck more than inch, which mine don't do when they are supposedly at 35LBS.

Hopefully the protectors help with that.

HBR, what bags did you use?

hbr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
HBR, what bags did you use?

Bags are dependent on your springs and setup.

Norcal SS (Tony) advised and sold me my setup, and suggested the bags I would need after hearing my inside spring dimensions.

When I installed the bags they filled the inside area to a point where 5 lbs brought the bag into contact with the top and bottom of the perches. My bags were specified for a Nissan.

I think your bags are too small.

FYI......I would have been lost w/o Tony, holler at him.

Last edited:

soulsea

Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
I think your bags are too small.

Some guys like that.
picture.php

OP
OP
bjeremi

bjeremi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I think the bags should be okay. I just really need the line protectors. Airlift supposedly said that I wouldnt need protectors as the bags are not supposed to touch top and bottom.

With the protectors I will touch and it will give me a more acurate read on the bag pressure.

Thanks HBR for the response.

OP
OP
bjeremi

bjeremi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Just wanted to bump this since Tony inquired about the springs and bags I am running and I would love his input.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
havent dealt with mcgauhys springs for years.. well just removing them for belltechs lol

i would need to know 2 things

1) what the inside diameter is of the spring?
2) what the height is of the bag from top to bottom when full load in on the rear?
3) what kit part number are you using right now?

OP
OP
bjeremi

bjeremi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I had those numbers before when I called airlift. I will have to get them again when I install the line protectors. Thanks Norcall

60812 is the airlift part number

Do the McGaughy springs not perform well in your opinion? I just wanted the 2" drop in the rear so I thought they fit the bill well.

---------- Post added at 11:06 AM ---------- Previous post was at 10:10 AM ----------

HBR, did your bag kit come with line protectors?

hbr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
No.........the fitting on the bags goes to the bottom of the spring. There is a hole in the center of that bottom perch that allows the fitting and the hose to travel out of the spring.
Hope that made sense.