Airlift 1000 Installed on Lowered Hybrid

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

bjeremi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Installed the helper bags on the Hyhoe last night. Smooth install and everything went well.

The good news in that with no load and aired to just 15psi the bags do raise the rear a half and inch which is what I was looking for.

Bad news. Even at full pressure 35PSI with my boat on the hitch I still get a drop of about a half to 3/4 of a inch in the rear. Which is to be expected, it's a heavy boat. Since the bags are also a "custom" setup for the tahoe since it's lowered they don't fit perfect and the air hose get's a little pinched. I called airlift this morning and they are sending my some protectors which should help with that. Yay! I get to remove the springs again lol.

With the small sag when loaded I am going below level which means I will hald to order the drop struts from norcallSS, to drop the front and inch. I hate the Cali lean and I especially hate it when towing.

NORCAL SS

SUV SUSPENSION GURU
Supporting Vendor
Reaction score
what springs do you have in it?

what airlift part number are you running?

OP
OP
bjeremi

bjeremi

Full Access Member
Reaction score
60812 is the airlift part number. I am running the McGauhy 2" drop springs that I got from 07burb. I think they originally came from soul

hbr

Full Access Member
Reaction score
At 5 lbs mine just begins to raise the truck, 25 lbs raises mine over an inch. Belltech struts, shocks and springs.

THE YETI

Director of Operations
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Doest the hybrid have all those batteries in back too?

07Burb

GM fan for life
Staff member
Administrator
Supporting Member
Reaction score
what springs do you have in it?

what airlift part number are you running?

60812 is the airlift part number. I am running the McGauhy 2" drop springs that I got from 07burb. I think they originally came from soul

If it helps the McG part number for the kit was 30014

Rockytfox

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Doest the hybrid have all those batteries in back too?

No, the batteries are under the 2nd row seats.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
golavaman