AC Recirculate Mode

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

fire730

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Not sure if this is in the right forum but I there any way to keep the AC from reverting back to fresh air everytime? This annoyed the hell out of me with my wife's 08 Saturn and now the 07 Tahoe we replaced it with does the same thing.

I just hate that you are driving along and all of a sudden your whole car smells like exhaust on the inside and I realize it is on Fresh air again.

Sorry just nit picking! :emotions122:

zach2011

Platinum Member
Reaction score
Yeah I'd like to keep it on that 24/7. I smelled too much of a dead animal or something today and it was bothering me that mine wasn't on. And sometimes, the light for it just blinks and doesn't stay lit, meaning it won't recirculate, I guess it depends on the current air settings.

natelw

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Yeah this is a pain...

If you check the owner's manual you will see that the recirculate is only available when you are running the a/c, so in winter you are SOL and for me up here in the Pac NW, I hardly ever run the a/c, so I am constantly smelling exhaust, skunks, and whatever else is out in front of me. I can't believe GM would basically force you to have "fresh" air on all the time when not running the a/c, how dumb!

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
waiteben84