Yet another no heat/ac thread.... I know, I know.

Disclaimer: Links on this page pointing to Amazon, eBay and other sites may include affiliate code. If you click them and make a purchase, we may earn a small commission.

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Is that expensive?? I figured it wasn't bad assuming this dorman brand one goes for twice that at the parts store. Admittedly I'm not up to ***** on the going rates though. What is a going rate for a used OEM digital controller?
$75 is a good price just make sure you get one from the same vehicle, otherwise it may need to be reprogrammed for your truck, for instance one from a tahoe may fit and look the same but it will be looking for sensors you don't have.

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
I replaced the one under the kick panel on the passenger side. I changed it out with part # 89018365.

Duramax is an 01 Lb7. It's my pride and joy. :)

It's the wrong one, should be 89018375, 65 is for the Air Inlet Valve.

I asked about the Duramax to see which generation it is, you're an excellent candidate to own a Tech-2 and remove the guesswork from your repairs.

OP
OP
D

Diesel6point6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
Since it is digital, I looked up again at RA for you. Does it look like this: https://www.rockauto.com/en/moreinfo.php?pk=950661&cc=1415551&jsn=905&jsn=905

Goes for $139.79. Found it at Amazon for $350 plus.

Negative, that's the one for the 2nd row that mounts to the back of the console. I attached an image of what mine looks like for the front.

ETA: it posted at the bottom of my reply. I'm still on mobile so formatting is a bit tricky haha.

Thanks for the photos man, looks like we do have different ones. I do wish I had those though, they seem a lot less prone to failure. As to your comment on the junkyard module, I hear you on that, and normally I am the same way. However, unfortunately I'm finding it impossible to find an Acdelco for sale (new) so my assumption is it's no longer produced so i have little choice unless I want to go Dorman or another aftermarket brand.
$75 is a good price just make sure you get one from the same vehicle, otherwise it may need to be reprogrammed for your truck, for instance one from a tahoe may fit and look the same but it will be looking for sensors you don't have.

Thank you for confirming that! I was curious on the programming of it all so that's very helpful to know.

images.jpeg.jpg

Doubeleive

Wes
Supporting Member
Reaction score
Also, after looking at this closer, this part # seems to be for the module alone, I'm in need of the whole controller unit. I know I'm probably butchering the actual name for these parts, sorry for the confusion if i am.
If you post up the last 8 of your vin @915_Tahoe can tell you the specific part number you need.

OP
OP
D

Diesel6point6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
It's the wrong one, should be 89018375, 65 is for the Air Inlet Valve.

I asked about the Duramax to see which generation it is, you're an excellent candidate to own a Tech-2 and remove the guesswork from your repairs.
Well son of a gun, that certainly makes things a bit more interesting. The 65 is more expensive too dang it!! I remember seeing the 75 and wondering. Well, I'll double check to see which one I got and if so, I'll return the 65. Thank you for that clarification, why do they have to make so many identical looking actuators!!

You know it's funny you say that. In all the research I've done on this site, I've seen the tech 2 mentioned countless times. What's interesting is you rarely see that mentioned on the Dmax forum so I never gave it much thought. Although that's probably because most of those guys have EFI live and I believe you can do similar stuff with that as a tech 2? Nevertheless, this Yukon actually makes 3 GM vehicles, I also have an S10 so you are very right in that a tech 2 would probably be a wise investment.

OP
OP
D

Diesel6point6

TYF Newbie
Reaction score
If you post up the last 8 of your vin @915_Tahoe can tell you the specific part number you need.
That would be great!

@915_Tahoe last 8 is 3J333442

Just to clarify, im in need of the whole hvac controller unit to replace this aftermarket knockoff one. I'm not seeing any OEM for sale (new) so I'm probably going to need to find used. If that's the case, would need to know what years would be a direct donor. Thank you!

swathdiver

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Well son of a gun, that certainly makes things a bit more interesting. The 65 is more expensive too dang it!! I remember seeing the 75 and wondering. Well, I'll double check to see which one I got and if so, I'll return the 65. Thank you for that clarification, why do they have to make so many identical looking actuators!!

You know it's funny you say that. In all the research I've done on this site, I've seen the tech 2 mentioned countless times. What's interesting is you rarely see that mentioned on the Dmax forum so I never gave it much thought. Although that's probably because most of those guys have EFI live and I believe you can do similar stuff with that as a tech 2? Nevertheless, this Yukon actually makes 3 GM vehicles, I also have an S10 so you are very right in that a tech 2 would probably be a wise investment.

I did it too after much research still got it wrong! The Tech-2 can read BCM codes, it will tell you which actuator is bad and why which EFI Live cannot do. The look the same on the outside but are opposites internally, to move the doors the other way while using the same parts flipped around; or something like that.

JonnyTahoe

Full Access Member
Reaction score
Negative, that's the one for the 2nd row that mounts to the back of the console. I attached an image of what mine looks like for the front.

ETA: it posted at the bottom of my reply. I'm still on mobile so formatting is a bit tricky haha.

Thanks for the photos man, looks like we do have different ones. I do wish I had those though, they seem a lot less prone to failure. As to your comment on the junkyard module, I hear you on that, and normally I am the same way. However, unfortunately I'm finding it impossible to find an Acdelco for sale (new) so my assumption is it's no longer produced so i have little choice unless I want to go Dorman or another aftermarket brand.

Thank you for confirming that! I was curious on the programming of it all so that's very helpful to know.

View attachment 256878
No problem I figured it out when I saw the pics of that control panel. Ya 75.00 is reasonable your lucky they even have one available.

Forum statistics

Threads
Members
Latest member
rick3645